Secure postage

S

SuziQ2708

I'll need to post my PoA back to Zeiad in Sharm el Sheikh using the most secure method available to ensure it arrives there within a reasonable time scale. Looking at DHL and FedEx (which Zeiad recommended) they are quoting £50 upwards, which is rather expensive! Has anyone posted an A4 size letter to Egypt using a secure method? Can you recommend a more reasonably priced way? We are going to Hurghada in 6 weeks, but ofcourse it's too far from Sharm to hand deliver it myself and Zeiad said not to trust the Egyptian postal service! Any suggestions? :confused:

J

Jersey Bean

I posted a letter using the "Royal Mail International Signed For" service. I tracked it to the Cairo Post Office but it never got to it's final destination. I think Zeiad might be right.
I'd go the FedEX or DHL route.
Marcel.

S

SuziQ2708

I posted a letter using the "Royal Mail International Signed For" service. I tracked it to the Cairo Post Office but it never got to it's final destination. I think Zeiad might be right.
I'd go the FedEX or DHL route.
Marcel.
mmmm thanks Jersey, I'll keep looking as I'm really not happy with paying £50 to post a letter! :eek:

L

lyndsay552

I posted my contracts to Iraida by Royal Mail Signed For and it arrived 3 days later.

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Suzi - Im out there Sat if you can post it to me in the UK I can hand deliver it to him?? If you do it special delivery to me ?? Obviously it is confidential and just write foa of Zeiad and I know it is from you and can guarantee the envelope will not be opened and hand delived to him unsealed. Just a thought - he will get it by Sunday?

Georgina

Georgina

All my post arrives from the UK fine except if it is a package or birthday card. My sister sent a christmas present in a jiffy bag and I guess the customs have to open it so when I received it it was resealed the present unwrapped and the wrapping and present shoved back in the jiffy bag. It was 'signed for'. Sometimes my sister sent a birthday card with Egyptian currency but it never arrived. But all my bills and statements arrive fine in the ordinary post each month. As long as it just looks like an envelope full of paper it should arrive OK.

S

SuziQ2708

Hi Suzi - Im out there Sat if you can post it to me in the UK I can hand deliver it to him??
Alison that would have been fantastic but I have to wait until the Egyptian Embassy send it back to me :mad: Can't you delay your holiday by a week or two? LOL :cool:

Just checked it out on the Royal Mail website. Signed for international postage of an A4 envelope up to 200g in weight with compensation insurance up to £500 is £10.38, but it can only be tracked in the UK. Still, it's worth taking the chance, just means if its lost we have to do it all again, but at least the insurance covers the cost!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Suzi - no can do lol unless it can wait until we go back out in Oct?? Just make sure you scan it 1st and save it on your pc or to disc before you send it xx

S

SuziQ2708

Hi Suzi - no can do lol unless it can wait until we go back out in Oct?? Just make sure you scan it 1st and save it on your pc or to disc before you send it xx
Oh well, worth a try, thanks anyway Alison. I'll just use the Royal Mail and keep everything crossed 'til Zeiad confirms receipt. :eek: