Searching for the right place

omostra06

omostra06

James is correct, if you can buy a property that is not a complete ruin, especially if the water and electricity are there, it is a much easier process to rebuild if you can avoid long planning applications.

Sometimes old ruins will require full planning and it can take months or even years to get the approval, better to buy one that you can start work on right away.

M

mrsbv

Hi
I have a plot of land located North west of Lisbon, known as Silver Coast is now becoming one of European more attractive destination. This panoramic property is south of Nazare beach, in a paradise and ecologic place with wonderfull views over Nazare beach and cultivated fields. Property is in the top of hill in a rural area. Area : 2.000sqm. Near is being developped a marine and goulf courts by chamber of Nazare.of land . If interested, pls contact +351964375071
Regards
maria

L

lena green

James is correct, if you can buy a property that is not a complete ruin, especially if the water and electricity are there, it is a much easier process to rebuild if you can avoid long planning applications.

Sometimes old ruins will require full planning and it can take months or even years to get the approval, better to buy one that you can start work on right away.

Is it correct that if its your first owned property and you are a foreigner, you do not need planning permission?.........even if its agricultural land

M

mrsbv

Of course permission is need and also know property conditions about construction as we are civil engineering. Plot of land is in a devopment area. you can visit Camara da Nazare, go to "Concursos Publicos, Complexo turistico Nazare XXI.

J

James Glassbrook

I am afraid that too many foreigners spend their time inventing silly stories.
It is true that you can build on agricultural land without permission-it is also true that you will be liable to a hefty fine and demolition as well.
Jim

omostra06

omostra06

there are lots of these myths going round, people do hear them and belive them instead of checking with the planing dept, only to have major problems later.

i was told last week of an English couple that bought near Coimbra, they were told all sorts of rubbish by the seller (illegal agent it turns out) that they could just ring the electric company to get electric brought to them and installed!! they were also told they could rebuild the ruin and extend it without any planning, something they found to be incorrect, when the council planners came to visit! and they got a quote from the electric company for thousands.....:confused:

A

aLGARVE18

Helpful Advice

Does anybody out there have any experience of the pro's and con's between buying a finished property, something that needs renovating or just a plot of land and building from scratch?

After a couple of recent viewing trips I seem to have leaned away from my original idea of a finished house to finding a peaceful plot of land and building something that suits. I think I would prefer central Portugal. If you have any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ady
I would suggest that you google first reality estate agent to get their website because I found this to be very helpful in answer to similar questions. They also have stacks of very cheap properties for sale.

L

lena green

there`s a very informative 'links' page here opipt.com/links.htm (don`t forget the www) you`ll find lots of Alentajo mid Portugal agents there.

A

annakatty

I would advise you to search for a credible real estate agent that is able to guide you with all the process and gives you all the orientation you need with the Portuguese laws in building permits and all the rest.
I had a good experience with this one, search the google for “terradosrios”. Its in central Portugal…

Good luck!

R

rozina

your dream house is here

U parches property visit diffrent type of financiel site it can be help full for u.

J

JWoody

My only advise would be to find an agent that you are comfortable with as most of them have the same stuff anyway. I went with a few different people to see land with the aim to sell but just couldnt get what I wanted.
I ended up going the easy route and buying completed property but am happy with what I got as it was not fully finished so I had a say in the finishings etc.

I must say though that I only liked 2 agents out of quite a few and to be honest I think the ones that I didnt like made me think more than I should of done about what I was buying.

Anyway jsut wanted to get that off my chest. I wish you every success and hope you find what your lokoing for.

I liked Dream Homes Portugal as they really tried hard to get me what I wanted as they deal with a few different agents so cuts out the time. Maybe worth a shot.

Cheers

Jason