Searching for the right place

M

mrsbv

To build or rebuilt is needed a good team: The Owner, Architect, engineer and constructor. There are lots, good and bad ones. Above all they must be serious and ethical. Sometimes these values do not exist, only monney. People must be carefull and have someone that can trust to help. An house is for the life. We can not change it like a shirt.

omostra06

omostra06

To build or rebuilt is needed a good team: The Owner, Architect, engineer and constructor. There are lots, good and bad ones. Above all they must be serious and ethical. Sometimes these values do not exist, only monney. People must be carefull and have someone that can trust to help. An house is for the life. We can not change it like a shirt.
have to agree with this, a good team is essential to get the job done correctly, sometimes it can be very hard to find the right people, Architects, builders etc. sometimes they dont care about your project/house as much as you do, or care at all, they may just be looking at the fee rather than doing a good job, some are better than others, but if you end up with someone that is not passionate about your plans you will end up with a average design, build, finish etc. no one will be more interested than you about your project, so that why i say its best to be very involved. to get it done right!

M

mrsbv

In Portugal we have a popular proverb "horse only get fat with owner eyes". I think that's enough. Proverbs give us good lessons about life.

M

Mamacats

We are waiting for a piece of land to finally be approved for construction,
We have only been waiting 25 + years…….because we became tried of waiting we purchased
or at least we will be purchasing a second home next week.

Now with our luck the land may become legal soon.
We are considering offering this deal
“ the construction company to build a germinada ( side by side double home )
Where the construction company would keep one and we would keep one free of charge for the construction”.
So you think we have a chance in h@ll, hope so.

Since we are planning to sell this house perhaps we should put everything in standard
instead of personalizing and trying to fight for the asking price.
Thoughts are definitely welcomed :)

L

l.a.a.s

We have only been waiting 25 + years…….because we became tried of waiting we purchased

Where the construction company would keep one and we would keep one free of charge for the construction”.

Since we are planning to sell this house perhaps we should put everything in standard

Hi Mamacats!

I don`t think that is a good solution for you, but if you have a constructin company interested, pay special attention to the contract, to avoid further problems.

Best regards
luis
Quinta dos Casais

omostra06

omostra06

my thoughts on this, could be hard to find someone willing to do this, also could lead to some big problems with ownership etc. take care with a plan like this,

from a builders point of view, he would in effect get a piece of land free, could be worth 30,000 or 50,000 without knowing the details? he would then spend 80,000 to 100,000 building the house to 'give' to you, doesnt make finacial sense, hes better to buy his own plot and build 2 properties and sell them, thats what they normally do anyway,

if your plan is based on the fact that you dont have the funds available to build 2 houses, then better to get a loan or a partner then employ a builder to build the 2 properties, for you (and your partner) to sell on. safer and easier to find a willing partner/invester than a builder to follow your original plan.

S

Seb Lacroix

Does anybody out there have any experience of the pro's and con's between buying a finished property, something that needs renovating or just a plot of land and building from scratch?

After a couple of recent viewing trips I seem to have leaned away from my original idea of a finished house to finding a peaceful plot of land and building something that suits. I think I would prefer central Portugal. If you have any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ady
Hello Ady,

I have experience in some light renovation, but also on living in Portugal, let's say knowing how things work here.

I am half French ( dad ),half Portuguese ( mum ). But stayed in Edinburgh, Paris and Barcelona most of my young life. Now enjoying Portugal, the area of Aveiro mostly.

So let's speak about my renovation experience:

Dealing with business or people here is different. Relax, relax, and relax. You have to insist a lot more and be more relax toward time. It was usual for me to call the persons many times just to get the price. Or they will the me Monday, but won't come until Wednesday for example.

Get more than one opinion. Very important. I am sorry to say that but some people bull**** a lot here, because they don't really know. ( lack of formation, lack of knowledge). It is not that they want to rub you but they wont say "sorry I don't know".

But on the other side they are VERY CREATIVE and VERY FLEXIBLE most of the time.

That was my little experience about renovating.

Hope I help a bit.

Sebastien

L

l.a.a.s

Hi Seb !

Like we say in portuguese " the graveyard gates don`t close" so no need to rush. But you are quite right, it is very important to select the right persons and get the more information you can.

Best regards
luis
Quinta dos Casais

V

Vitor Mota

Hi, my name is Vítor and its been a quite long that i have been introducing great properties to English people that wanted to move to Portugal.

I have now a company and we have lands, ruins and houses with very great views...and very good prices.
I´ll leave you may mobile number in case you want meet me for a conversation.
My e-mail is vitor.oasisportugal gmail com

My best regards

omostra06

omostra06

Hi, my name is Vítor and its been a quite long that i have been introducing great properties to English people that wanted to move to Portugal.

I have now a company and we have lands, ruins and houses with very great views...and very good prices.
I´ll leave you may mobile number in case you want meet me for a conversation.
My e-mail is vitor.oasisportugal gmail com

My best regards
Hi Vitor, are you an estate agent, what area do you cover?

V

Vitor Mota

Hi,
i´m working more in the Center of Portugal

regards
Vítor

omostra06

omostra06

Hi Vitor, I have had a look at your website, I cant seem to find your ami number,does that mean you are not a licensed estate agent? do you only advertise property on behalf of agents and private owners?

V

Vitor Mota

Hi,
As you had the oportunity to see the site is still under construction...the license will be given by the end of this week...wich means i´m not doing anything till there...just starting some work... like introducing myself. No transactions are done till i have the license...however when i get the license from INCI i´ll be glad to show you this great place that it is the Center of Portugal.
My Regards

O

OwnerInvest

Investing in Portugal

Hi

I agree that you should always use an architect if you decide to build your house, 2 heads are better than 1 and an architect will be able to give you a different angle on your design that perhaps you have not thought of. We looked into building a house a few years ago and the first thing we did was speak to several architects and have them run through their ideas with us, trouble is, the architect did tell us that he could get all building regs organised and passed through the town hall etc, however, when push came to shove none of this had been agreed or the paperwork had not been applied for, nor did the house have a building license!

We ended up not building but got ourselves a good lawyer to help us buy our second home, despite having bought in Spain once already and having lived here for 10 years we were still concerned over the legalities.

I would not entertain building a house unless I had an architect and a good lawyer :9

Good luck

S

SiriusPro

Owner Invest

Hola Everyone

I am seeking information about the company Owner Invest, I have seen that they have made a few posts here, if you have any details about them, please share or Private Message me and we can have a chat

Thanks for any help you can give me

Simone Icough

J

James Glassbrook

If you can find a ruin that you can modify without greatly altering the external appearance you can avoid the hassle and delays of planning permission.
Jim