ad

Scottish government pushing for new independence referendum

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
In light of the confusing situation regarding the U.K.’s membership of the European Union, ahead of the forthcoming referendum, the SNP has today lit the blue touch paper for a second referendum on independence. A number of new policies have been discussed over the last few months many of which revolve around the Scottish property

Click to Read The Full Story and Add you Own Comments to Continue reading...

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
In light of the confusing situation regarding the U.K.’s membership of the European Union, ahead of the forthcoming referendum, the SNP has today lit the blue touch paper for a second referendum on independence. A number of new policies have been discussed over the last few months many of which revolve around the Scottish property

Click to Read The Full Story and Add you Own Comments to Continue reading...
Scottish MPs have far too much say in matters which only affect England and Wales while English MPs have no vote in the Scottish parliament
so as far as I am concerned the sooner they become independent and stop meddling in Englands affairs the better. One prime example is the recent vote regarding Sunday working. The SNP voted against it yet in Scotland Sunday working is allowed.

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
Scottish MPs have far too much say in matters which only affect England and Wales while English MPs have no vote in the Scottish parliament
so as far as I am concerned the sooner they become independent and stop meddling in Englands affairs the better. One prime example is the recent vote regarding Sunday working. The SNP voted against it yet in Scotland Sunday working is allowed.
When you put it like that Veronica it sounds mad that we're in this situation at all!

N

nmb

I can put a bit more meat on the bone for you with regards to the Sunday voting issue. The Scottish government argued that if England had the same Sunday opening hours as Scotland then this would reduce the workers "premium" available in Scotland for working on a Sunday. This may seem a little flimsy at best but completely collapses when I tell you that my wife works on a Sunday and there is no premium paid to workers.

The SNP lost the referendum in 2014 but seem intent on driving a wedge between Scotland and the rest of the UK. The opinion that "the sooner Scotland is independent the better" is one which is certainly gathering strength across England in particular.