Banned
For the German school:
The fees for the term of 2008/09 are as follows:

Nursery class (2-4 years) 1.800 Euro

Pre school (4-6 years) 2.500 Euro

Primary school 2.500 Euro

Sekundarstufe I 2.800 Euro

Age deadline is the 30.09.

It includes: full day school, daily meals and beverages at breakfast and lunchtime and afternoon, 3 uniform shirts. Refundable deposit on books of 100 Euro has to be paid extra. Working material has to be bought (prices on request).

The registration fee is 50 Euro.

Familiy discount for the 2. child of 25%.

from their website: Deutsche Schule Hurghada

these fees are for next year!

G

GM43

Banned
For the French School:

School Fees
Year 2008/2009

FIRST REGISTRATION FEE
School entrance fee to be paid only once at enrolment for any school boy/girl. This fee wil not be refunded: 500 euros

FEES
first term payable on 5th september 900 Euro
(Including CNED fees, postal charges)

Second term payable on 15 December 600 Euro

Third term payable on 15 March 600 Euro

TOTAL YEARLY SCHOOL FEES 2100 Euro

Any term started will not be refunded

FOR MUTLIPLE CHILDREN FAMILIES: Reduction of 500 euro per child from the second child

Parents must pay the fees on time. Any delay to each term a 10% penalty will be added to the fees. No fees will be refunded.

These are the prices for the canteen: Prices 2007/08:

* 10 LE per meal for pre-school children "Maternelles" (petite, moyenne et grande section)
* 12 Le per meal for primary school children (classes of CE and CM)
* 14 LE per meal for college students.

from their website: French School of Hurghada - Fees

Last edited:
Georgina

Georgina

El Gouna school

El Gouna International School
School Fees for the Academic Year 2007/08
but I've heard that the fees will be higher next year, so when you want to enroll your child in this school, ask about the fees first!
I just heard a letter has gone out stating a 35% increase for fees next year!

J

Jeremy Sturgess

@Georgina:
I've heard 40%, but because it was only from hearsay I didn't write it.
But this percentage depends on how long your child is in school (before Sept 2006) than the raise is 20% (I've heard).
Still a big increase!
But maybe these increases has something to do with this:

Fees from El Gouna school have gone up substantially and even more for new students joining in Sept. However these fees need to be seen in the light of what were very low fees in the first place. Gounas fees last year were less than half the fees for BISC in Cairo last year so I will still be saving considerable amounts when my son moves from BISC to GOUNA in September. These schools are all competing for British teachers who they have to pay market rates and I think it is therefore not surprising. I would be more concerned if they were scrimping on the quality of teachers. Unless they have the money to hire the right teachers and invest in continuingly improving facilities our children will suffer more in the end. Rising fees are perhaps also the signs of a successful school who are not afraid to charge more in the knowledge that the product is the best available.

L

Lsab

I had heard that el Gouna teachers are really happy with the school (where they hadn't been a few years back) and none of them are leaving so they're not trying to compete to get more British teachers. I'll have to ask if they're getting a pay rise in accordance with market rates. It's possible.

G

GM43

Banned
Only that mr. Sawiris could contribute more to the school, when he started El Gouna, he was obliged to start a school too.
What I know is that he charges the (normal) high prices (as usual in El Gouna) for water and electricity.
But it is very difficult to get an insight in the expenses and income of the school.

G

GM43

Banned
However these fees need to be seen in the light of what were very low fees in the first place
Is the school still telling that?? That is what they told us 3-4 years ago! mrs. Bolton said: For the next year we have to raise the fees more, but then we are on the correct level and increases will only be small!

H

hurghadamerican

I couldn't find the fees of the Rajac school and Sunrise school
From the list we received from Sunrise in February. I don't know if it changed:

The American section

grade 1 ---9800le………..$1859
grade 2 --- 15000le…..$2830
grade 3 --- 15800le
grade 4 ---16000le
grade 5 ---17000le
grade 6 ---18000le
grade 7----19000le…$3584
grade 8----20,000le
grade9--- 22,000le
grade 10---24,000le
grade 11 --- 26,000le
grade 12 ----30,0000le…..$5660

Not worth it, considering all the teachers were Egyptian :confused: We enrolled ours in El Gouna for the coming year.

H

hurghadamerican

@ hurghadamerican:
"Graduate with an American Diploma accepted at Universities throughout the world."

this is what the Sunrise school is writing about their school!

taken from: .........
What a joke that man could barely speak English when we spoke, and they are not accredited, so even if we left in the middle of the year, none of the classes taken would be accepted by American schools. ( Meaning we couldnt get credit for them, my kids would have to repeat the same classes again in America). Not to mention all of the teachers were Egyptian, his redsea advertisement says he has American teachers, which is not true.

J

JohnAdam

Banned
New School opening in september. Red Sea School.

It is English Taught with GCSE's.

The School will be behind Cheeky Monkeys and is Run by an English lady called Sarah that has worked in a school in Sharm, She worked in schools in the North West of England and is well qualified.

For any info feel free to contact the school or PM me for details

S

scooby21

new school hurghada

Hi all just returned from Hurghada had 4 nights there as most of our trip was in Cairo, loved the place !
I saw a sign for a new english school opened sept 08 as we were leaving but didnt get to read all the info does anyone know anything about it ?
Also anyone have up to date fees for El gouna website still as shows 07/08 and I know there was a high increase
thanks

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Scooby I have merged your new thread with this existing one that you started xx

G

GM43

Banned
new schools will start only with 2-3 classes and then "grow" with the children.

@scooby21: How old are your child(ren)?

G

GM43

Banned
@scooby21: I think El Gouna school is the best for your children, you will get 10% discount for #2 and 25% for #3, discount for #4 I don't know.
I think you can add 40-50% to the prices on the website, application fee is $1000 per child.

You better visit the school before you make any decisions.
Maybe then you can also visit the new school, although I don't know where it is.

Georgina

Georgina

I don't know anything about schools in Egypt but a friend of mine told me yesterday that there is a new law that only foreigners living here with a residents visa can put their children in school. Not the foreigners living here with annual tourist visas. I presume this does not apply to private schools.

Sorry I know nothing more just wanted to pass this on incase it will effect anyone and they will need to research more.

R

RedSeaBritSchool

If your children get registered as Home tutors they can all be taught in the same place, we have done alot of research over here. registration is done in Cairo at the british embasy but can be done easily.

Anyone wanting info regarding children let me know and I can find out more.