Sara's Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MathewELT

Hi Peter,

Yes, I am a big fan of Turkey, both as an historian and a bad golfer !. I do think that the key is travel. I'm sure that Egypt can, in time, produce the goods, so to speak, but if a golf 'package' to the Red Sea is going to cost me, say, £50 more & take an hour longer to get there, then Turkey gets my vote. Just back actually, courses in superb condition and the all inclusive package in a 5 star hotel was faultless - apart from the 4lbs in wait I gained !.
Oh no, 1 hour and £50! What a lot of money and time.....

Turkey or Egypt for golfing? I'd choose Egypt every single time. Actually, I'd choose Egypt over Turkey anyday.

L

Lysos

Each to their own, and I was being conservative with regards to money & time. With a gang of you it does make a difference. As for dismissing a country with such a huge diversity, that's a bit of a broad brush statement.

As I said before, I do think the ever increasing costs of travel are going to have a significant impact on tourism everywhere.

L

LADY MUKK

Hi

i do not play golf and cannot dive any more (for medical reasons over 5m) but still like to snorkel which is no good in turkey, but by saying that divers do not want 5* lysos, you are generalising, i do not want to stay in a mud hut, i did that years ago in india & thailand, when you can afford 5* you will do it, sahl hasheesh is not a "chav" resort and it is why it is more expensive than hurghada. Do you think that only chavs go diving, they cannot afford it!!!!

As for golfers i already have a group of golfers who want to rent my apartment as soon as the courses are up to scratch, they normally go to florida or the algarve but are willing to give egypt a try, i have never heard them go on about turkey, and before you ask i have been to turkey about 13 times over the last 20 years and to be quite honest it has gone downhill and what used to be nice villages have turned into tourist traps, which is why i went to egypt to get away from that, and which is why i chose sahl hasheesh, it was far from the madding crowd.

There are probably some really fantastic places yet to be discovered in turkey, when i go i stay away from the beach resorts during the tourist season, you see a different country then, last time i went was new year and i stayed in denizli and turunc (sorry about the spelling) and had a fantastic holiday, no tan but cost next to nothing for a massive villa, and had the best holiday there.

Egypt and turkey are like chalk and cheese, one is a green mountainous country, the other is a desert with the best history and diving sites, its up to you what you want of a holiday and what you want to pay!!!! I would like to swim with orcas, i have to go to somewhere freezing cold to do it, its the compromise, orcas don't come to the red sea i have to go to canada, the pyramids etc to egypt, whirling dervishes i have to go to konya.

Also you miss the point with sahl, do you think that only english buy abroad, just over the red sea you have saudi arabia with their millions and sharia law, if you are a single saudi sheik where would you go to park your superyacht and find love!!!! There are plenty of russians giving that out!!!!!! Or go to turkey which is also a muslim country and a long way away.

I might be a bit cynical but i have good reason to be. I like both countries !!!!!!!but if i had to choose .....................tobago!!!!!

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
The Cascades Golf and Country Club.

Alan, Absolutely right. The Red Sea is famed for its' diving; that is why it shouldn't waste money trying to compete in areas where it can't. Do divers care about 7 star hotels ?. I think not.
One of the most popular and highly praised developments I promote is Soma Breeze Hotel Residences in Soma Bay with five top hotels consisting of:
Sheraton Soma Bay Resort
Robinson Club Soma Bay
La Residence des Cascades a member of The Leading Hotels in the World.
Kempinski Soma Bay (opened 2008)
The Breakers – Diving and Surfing Lodge (opened 2008)

It hosts an 18-hole Championship Golf Course designed by Gary Player named "The Cascades" and a 9-hole Par 3 "Challenge Course" attached to The Cascades Golf Academy.

Golfers and dive enthusiasts alike should take a look at their website and judge for yourselves if having both a golf and diving holiday is feasible in Egypt. Those interested in investing may contact me by private message for more detailed information.

Alan Cockayne. Coralife-Style Consultants.

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Hi

i do not play golf and cannot dive any more (for medical reasons over 5m) but still like to snorkel which is no good in turkey, but by saying that divers do not want 5* lysos, you are generalising, i do not want to stay in a mud hut, i did that years ago in india & thailand, when you can afford 5* you will do it, sahl hasheesh is not a "chav" resort and it is why it is more expensive than hurghada. Do you think that only chavs go diving, they cannot afford it!!!!

As for golfers i already have a group of golfers who want to rent my apartment as soon as the courses are up to scratch, they normally go to florida or the algarve but are willing to give egypt a try, i have never heard them go on about turkey, and before you ask i have been to turkey about 13 times over the last 20 years and to be quite honest it has gone downhill and what used to be nice villages have turned into tourist traps, which is why i went to egypt to get away from that, and which is why i chose sahl hasheesh, it was far from the madding crowd.

There are probably some really fantastic places yet to be discovered in turkey, when i go i stay away from the beach resorts during the tourist season, you see a different country then, last time i went was new year and i stayed in denizli and turunc (sorry about the spelling) and had a fantastic holiday, no tan but cost next to nothing for a massive villa, and had the best holiday there.

Egypt and turkey are like chalk and cheese, one is a green mountainous country, the other is a desert with the best history and diving sites, its up to you what you want of a holiday and what you want to pay!!!! I would like to swim with orcas, i have to go to somewhere freezing cold to do it, its the compromise, orcas don't come to the red sea i have to go to canada, the pyramids etc to egypt, whirling dervishes i have to go to konya.

Also you miss the point with sahl, do you think that only english buy abroad, just over the red sea you have saudi arabia with their millions and sharia law, if you are a single saudi sheik where would you go to park your superyacht and find love!!!! There are plenty of russians giving that out!!!!!! Or go to turkey which is also a muslim country and a long way away.

I might be a bit cynical but i have good reason to be. I like both countries !!!!!!!but if i had to choose .....................tobago!!!!!
first time to hear about this project, is it off plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.