sapphire rersidence bansko

L

landseer

hi, has anyone any information on the sapphire residence in bansko?

B

bestdeal-bansko

Hello,

We are well-acquainted with the Sapphire development. From my talks with the manager, it seems that there is conflict between owners and management regarding the maintenance fees. The management cannot achieve a good percent of maintenance fee collection so the swimming pool has been on and off, central heating is not working, elevators also not working. It is a vicious circle because management says they do not receive enough money to run the complex and the owners are not happy with how the complex is run.

At the same time, the management/developer still keep a substantial part of the apartments in the complex so there are not enough votes to change the management company in case of general meeting.

M

mart359

It's a common problem everywhere , you need to achieve some kind of a deal in regards of the maintenance taxes and clear breakdown of where the money are going

G

gravityheating

I'm thinking of buying a residence in the Sapphire but the management status puts me off. Is there a price at which the holding company could be bought out altogether? My business situation is that I'm looking for a property in which to install novel heating & cooling systems. Basically to move excess heat from Air Conditioning into the Swimming Pool and that type of thing : to make a system that runs itself with reduced electric & gas costs. Obviously decisions would need to be made, where to run the pipes, where to fit the thermal collectors etc. and management confusion would make that fail. How much to buy the whole lot?

N

nmb

Is there a website for the development?

Is this type of thing a common occurrence - where the management/developers retain sufficient apartments (and votes) to protect their position?

B

Beverley Neville

No website, why do you want to know? I am one of the apartment owners, but I started an owners group years ago, which now has an officially formed committee, with the next AGM in just a couple of weeks. There are a lot of owners in the group and we pay our maintenance in to a pot, which covers things like Security on site, maintenance of the buildings, gardening etc, but also covers legal things (one of the owners is a Bulgarian Lawyer, who represents us). The bank has taken ownership of the unsold apartments from the developer (Manhattan group).