Samanah resales

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

globalinvest

Hey chaps,

I really like the look of this development, although I feel the prices are on the higher side......but its marrakech, so i guess its accepted.

From what I gather, the first phase on this development has already sold out, but hows the resale market doing on this? Are people making money on their investment, or most of you guys just holding out for the big one?

Consdering the average prices were/are around £200k mark, I would assume that people are finding it difficult to remarket and exit? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree!??

B

b055man

Samanah Country Club is probably one of the most prestigious developments in the Marrakech area at this present time. That’s mainly due to the location (close links to airport) and the vast area this development is being built over (approx 285 hectares). There’s going to be around 560 individual villas all set in very large plots, with each one having its own private heated swimming pool. It’s real aimed at the top end of the market with most villas coming with separate staff quarters too.

The amities and faculties are also second to none and include, 3 five star hotels, one of which will be a riad style hotel, plus a Jack Nicklaus signature 18 hole golf course, golf club house and social club as well as a spa centre. Of course, it has all the usual stuff like, shops, bars and restaurants in the commercial centre plus a sports complex with tennis courts and a separate business centre with seminar facilities.

The development was launched onto the market in Dec 2006 and has been selling very well. In fact, majority of the low priced villas have already sold out and a few are currently trading on the secondary market. I personally think most people who have bought into this project will be looking to either hold for long term or perhaps try and resell just after completion when all the resort faculties have been developed - giving them maximum capital appreciation and an excellent return on thier investment.

B

Beluga

I don't agree that Samanah country club is the most prestigious ....there are a lot of prestigious projects closer too Marrakech. Samanah is too far from the center ...you need 30 minutes on a very dangerous road (by night) .... everybody want to going in nice fashion restaurants in Marrakech...it's too far ...... you cann't send you cook personnel with a motocycle to the stores .... that's the raison why they have stores .... samanah is too expensive to propose a villa A, B or C ....can you imagine that you invite a friend from Samanah country who have the same villa as you ....that's not really personnel ....Samanah will be only for tourist no moroccon people invest in Samanah ....it means it will be only a resort for tourist with no live .....and when will this project finish with live style ....maybe 8 years ....look to Amelkis golf , it exist since 8 years and very close to Marrakech and now there you have a live style not only for tourist resorts but a lot of moroccon peoples have there villa on Amelkis golf

E

ezrnow

Hi, I think I may have to agree with you on Samanah not being the most prestigious project, even though it seems to have a lot of facilities including the Jack Nicolas golf course. I also agree that the resort is very much aimed at the tourist market, that’s probably the reason the prices of the villas are what they are! Even when it’s fully up and running (that could be some time) only a select few will be able to afford the golf fees and the hotel room rates.

I think there are numerous other projects on the outskirts of Marrakech and I suppose from a holiday or investment point of view, it’s really about picking the right one. I also feel that tourist visiting an all inclusive resort are likely to remain there because of the facilities and wouldn’t be too concerned about leaving the area to go in to town. Having said that, there are other some good projects in Marrakech in particular Vue de Paradis at Domaine de LÃkhdar, but again the prices on this development are not cheap.

Z

zakariamster

I don't agree with the idea given on SAMANAH Country Club. 1st SAMANAH is located in Geographical area, aproximately at 11 or 12 Km from Mohamed the 6 Avenue, also closer Menara Airport roughly 6 Km. There will be a highway taking to samanah directly which means people will be able to get into the city in 15 minutes roughly. Nothing compares to the services provided, qualities, security, concept, and nothing really compares to the landscape view that SAMANAH has on The Atlas Mountain. Moreover, so many clients decided for SAMANAH after having visited so many off-plan properties around Marrakech !

M

moroccobound

I am not familiar with Samanah Country Club, but I am very familiar with the road that it is on. This road is fast becoming popular with both private land purchase and major development and hence more expensive. Samanah is approx a 20 minute car ride to town on a very easy and well maintained road. (The King likes to jet ski on the Lac to which this road leads, hence it's maintenance). People who purchase and reside in such developments do go into town to restaurants, clubs, etc., they do not confine themselves to their development. And yes, people who do purchase and reside in developments do often have the same style houses as some of their neighbours so I have no idea what Octanorm is going on about regarding individuality and being ashamed of having friends see that your villa is identical to your neighbours. If this is a concern, then private land purchase and the building of one's own villa is required, not development purchase.

There are many luxury developments being developed throughout Marrakech. Samanah is not the most prestigious, but it is certainly the largest. If one is able, no matter what development they purchase in, holding on to full completion when all amenities are fully up and running should produce the greatest capital gain. When purchasing in a development, one should think of one's lifestyle before thinking of potential capital gains. If capital gains is what it is all about, then one should buy land and build their own villa for resale as this will/should produce greater capital gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.