Rivermead

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dingram041

Hi,

Got in touch with Neil from Rivermead the other day about purchasing a property in Egypt and from looking at his profile, like me, he's ex-RAF, so would trust him after reading the forum. Has anyone else had dealings with him.....and Rivermead, just to put my mind at rest. I so want to purchase a property abroad that I can rent out and then may be just have a holiday home at the end of it! Just wanting reassurances from anyone that has had dealings. It's OK reading testimonials and scanning the posts in here, but he seems a very nice guy to deal with when needing your 'hand held' for a first time overseas buy?

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Having both bought and sold in Hurghada over the last few years i would say that it is far safer to buy a finished property than to risk your hard earned cash on any of the developments that are still ongoing.
There are lots of re-sales some fully furnished that are cheaper than many developers are offering off plan.

D

dingram041

Having both bought and sold in Hurghada over the last few years i would say that it is far safer to buy a finished property than to risk your hard earned cash on any of the developments that are still ongoing.
There are lots of re-sales some fully furnished that are cheaper than many developers are offering off plan.
Thanks PW1.....who would I buy these from? Have you got a link of a good website where I could buy a re-sale fully furnished? Kind Regards.

E

Egypt fan

As a Buyer in Egypt Red Sea as well and living there every year around 3 months I support what PW1 Say 100% as Hurghada specialy now is most of them a building site and you will never know when it will be finished and some years are late for 1-2 years at least from deliver date me as well recommend reslaes and at the moment you will find amazing bargins as some people who own properties needs money and like to sell fast

Last edited:
C

CMChris

Hi,

Got in touch with Neil from Rivermead the other day about purchasing a property in Egypt and from looking at his profile, like me, he's ex-RAF, so would trust him after reading the forum. Has anyone else had dealings with him.....and Rivermead, just to put my mind at rest. I so want to purchase a property abroad that I can rent out and then may be just have a holiday home at the end of it! Just wanting reassurances from anyone that has had dealings. It's OK reading testimonials and scanning the posts in here, but he seems a very nice guy to deal with when needing your 'hand held' for a first time overseas buy?

I didn't buy through Neil but wish I had. He has given advice and helped so many when British agents and firms have done the dirty on us, he's done the impossible many times and secured apartments when we all thought was lost. His furniture is 2nd to none and he is always available to talk to which is invaluable. His integrity cannot be questioned.

D

danny

Thanks PW1.....who would I buy these from? Have you got a link of a good website where I could buy a re-sale fully furnished? Kind Regards.
The best way to test an agent is to ask anyone who has used them if they have received their apartment. There are many agents who only sell pre-construction but the Egypt market is old enough now that those who purchased 2 or 3 years ago should now have moved in to their now constructed apartment, if an agent cannot give you several examples and references of this then steer clear.

T

t.rob

I didn't buy through Neil but wish I had. He has given advice and helped so many when British agents and firms have done the dirty on us, he's done the impossible many times and secured apartments when we all thought was lost. His furniture is 2nd to none and he is always available to talk to which is invaluable. His integrity cannot be questioned.[/QUOT

neil secured me a studio from el- riad , after paying a deposit to wwd of 40% for a 1 bed pent house, thought id'e lost everything but neil got me a studio in PB, i dont think
el-riad are the culprits ,WWD took some big cash from us.

J

jeremy bright

i went to his office for a chat and i had not bought from him but gave me his time so i will give him 100% to be trusted for advice

T

thelfamily

i went to his office for a chat and i had not bought from him but gave me his time so i will give him 100% to be trusted for advice
Absolutely agree - Neil is fast becoming a LEGEND - and we hadn't bought off him either but he gave us some sound advice!!!!:dancing:

S

sebastian

property investment

hi dingram04
Neil at rivermead is the man to talk to about investing in Egypt, or any where else. He provides a totally professional service and will give you the benefit of his experience and any advice you need in purchasing abroad. He is 100% trustworthy and honest and I cannot speak highly enough of him and he can also provide furniture and fittings for your purchase if you require it. As someone who has purchased in Egypt and ran into problems with of plan properties, when my own agent didnt want to know and abandoned me Neil helped me and other investors in trying to secure our properties and is still helping us, so please do your self a favour and get in touch with him.
Sebastion.

R

RITSON

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments made above.

Like others, I didn't purchase my apartments through Neil as I wasn't aware of his company at the time I purchased. I feared the worst when the WWD situation happened, but Neil went out of his way to help and everything worked out fine.

I purchased furniture packs through Neil which are very good and, as an owner of other overseas properties, I wish that all agents had Neil's attitude and integrity.

In my opinion, if you are looking to buy in areas where Neil is an agent - you should not consider anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.