ad

Rising deposits and mortgage costs make home buying less affordable in the UK

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Increased lending during 2012 in the UK was not enough to improve housing affordability as buyers face finding higher deposits as loan to value rates fell. Overall income growth among home buyers was eclipsed by rising deposits and mortgage costs, according to an annual review of the National Mortgage Index from independent mortgage broker, the [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Rising deposits and mortgage costs make home buying less affordable in the UK

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Increased lending during 2012 in the UK was not enough to improve housing affordability as buyers face finding higher deposits as loan to value rates fell. Overall income growth among home buyers was eclipsed by rising deposits and mortgage costs, according to an annual review of the National Mortgage Index from independent mortgage broker, the [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Rising deposits and mortgage costs make home buying less affordable in the UK
Couldn't agree more with this. Myself and my friends all have well paid jobs, and yet it's a struggle to buy locally to myself due to high house prices (and the huge deposits that obviously go with that, and in turn, the huge monthly mortgage payment). The goal posts seem to keep moving, no matter how much wages increase.