Right time to buy in Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JOYFUL

The right time!

We visited Portugal and although we can't buy everywhere, we felt that Portugal was going to be one of the best countries for the best values in all Europe. If looking for a relatively safe haven, a relaxing lifestyle, and an investment more reasonable than other countries in Europe, than this is the place

L

l.a.a.s

We visited Portugal and although we can't buy everywhere, we felt that Portugal was going to be one of the best countries for the best values in all Europe. If looking for a relatively safe haven, a relaxing lifestyle, and an investment more reasonable than other countries in Europe, than this is the place

Hi!

Specially now, with the prices so low.

Best regards

luis

omostra06

omostra06

i agree with that, Portugal is a lovely country to live in.

R

Rentoroni

I would say take your time to make sure it is not overpriced since you have a friend in the area that is very very useful. Paying in cash is always a good way to get the price down however most sellers will try to get the most out of you.

S

Seb Lacroix

You many beautiful places to buy :) too little money :)

Definitely a great place to invest. Yesterday I was in Porto, near the ribeira, old part of Porto, so many places to sales. Ok most of them need lot's of work but they are starting to rebuild some buildings.

In Aveiro last week I visited a 220Sq M flat, Duplex, 3 terraces, garage for 2 cars. The price 155 000€. I am from France, and in a city like Aveiro ( same pop, same location near the Ocean Atlantic) it should be at least 500 000€ ( and in the North of France ) I won't speak about the French Rivieira :)

So YES, in Portugal you will find nice properties to buy, even more now that the market is down.

Enjoy Portugal

L

l.a.a.s

I would say take your time to make sure it is not overpriced since you have a friend in the area that is very very useful. Paying in cash is always a good way to get the price down however most sellers will try to get the most out of you.
Hi Rentoroni!

And never forget to check how much you paying per m2, that will give an idea of your PER ( price earning ratio)

best regards

N

neustria

A friend of mine is heavily involved in the currency markets and tells me that there is a bit of a rumour flying around at the moment regarding the Euro/Sterling exchange rate, which is that they are trying to strengthen the Euro so much against the Pound so that it becomes the 1 for 1 scenario or very close to it. That way the UK will have no excuse but to change to the Euro. I know this is just a rumour but I'm a big believer in there being no smoke without fire. So just keep a close eye on the rate.

Organics1
**************************************************************************************
In troubled economic times such as these, rumours of market manipulation abound, created, I think, in order to help people explain these brusk price movements which seem so mysterious to us common mortels, and to a good many seasoned professionals as well.
The UK taking on the euro is about the least of people's worries at this time, and believe you me, these movements, more often than not, just have a mind of their own. Not to mention that the British would probably set off a revolution there to put an end to such a diabolical plot against their much-loved pound.
Also, and by way of an example - increasing further the value of the euro against sterling would also make it appreciate even more against the dollar. Since the US traditionally absorbs much of the Eurozone exports (Airbus for example) this would handicap the European export industry even more.
A strengthened dollar would go a long way towards alleviating the currents problems - most notably by making petroleum products cheaper for the European consumer. And not even national governments have the power to move currency rates as they wish (with the possible exception of the Chinese, but even they...).
I think that you can discount this rumour out of hand. And if the Euro does continue to appreciate against the pound, you can be sure that the cause is macro-economic - and not the result of some shadowy entity pulling invisible strings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.