Residence Visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sval

One of my friends have been told by a Developer that Residence Visas are issued only to those who have completed all payments for the property, ie, those who have taken them on Mortgage are not eligible for a Residence Visa unless the mortgage has been fully paid up and the property is registered in their name.
This seems quite absurd ! Can anyone clarify this?

R

Roshan

One of my friends have been told by a Developer that Residence Visas are issued only to those who have completed all payments for the property, ie, those who have taken them on Mortgage are not eligible for a Residence Visa unless the mortgage has been fully paid up and the property is registered in their name.
This seems quite absurd ! Can anyone clarify this?
Good question, need to find out, will try to find out from my side.

Regards

Roshan

V

vishal73

According to my understanding, the mortgage company will pay the developer as per the payment plans required by them For eq. 10% downpayment, 30% after 3 months,60% after possession. And the owner of the Apt. will pay the mortgage company as per their agreement and tenure. So I dont think this question arise as the developer's payment is always made as per their plan and they should not be having any problem issuing the residence visas.

Plz. clarify if I am wrong.

alwaysQUOTE=sval;57205]One of my friends have been told by a Developer that Residence Visas are issued only to those who have completed all payments for the property, ie, those who have taken them on Mortgage are not eligible for a Residence Visa unless the mortgage has been fully paid up and the property is registered in their name.
This seems quite absurd ! Can anyone clarify this?[/QUOTE]

S

sval

According to my understanding, the mortgage company will pay the developer as per the payment plans required by them For eq. 10% downpayment, 30% after 3 months,60% after possession. And the owner of the Apt. will pay the mortgage company as per their agreement and tenure. So I dont think this question arise as the developer's payment is always made as per their plan and they should not be having any problem issuing the residence visas.

Yes; but according to the current Residence Visa rules, a buyer is eligible for a Visa only after the Property is registered in his name - which can happen only when the mortgage is paid off.

R

Roshan

Yes; but according to the current Residence Visa rules, a buyer is eligible for a Visa only after the Property is registered in his name - which can happen only when the mortgage is paid off.
From what I know ( correct me if I am wrong ). Irrespective of taking a mortgage or not. The title deed will be registered in your name at the time of handing over.

The owner is bound to the mortgage company by the tri partite agreement that he has signed and has nothing to do with a residence visa part of it.

Thanks Sval, a very important and a very valid question.

Regards

Roshan

S

stylinexpat

If you are not from Iran,Pakistan, or Iraq then you shouldn't have too much difficulty with obtaining a resident visa. The make you pay for the visa and it neither cheap or permanent as you have to keep on renewing it and keep on paying. This visa thing is sort of like a tax for non-locals who wish to stay in Dubai.

When I bought my unit here in Dubai I was told that I along with my wife and daughter would be eligible for a resident visa and when I went over to apply for a visa I was told that only one person was eleigible for the visa and that my wife had to give up that righ if I wanted to apply for a resident visa. I was told that I coulkd sponsor her and my daughte rafter but that would require sponsoring them under my company and that would be extra. Basicall they want to find a way to squeeze more money out of you:rolleyes:

I think they may be doing some ethnic cleansing with this visa thing these days as Americans and Europeans get the resident visa quite easily but ones from Pakistan, Iran and Iraq are subject to review and approval:rolleyes:

S

sap001

I have heard recently that if you travel to Dubai as a visitor you will now have to pay for a visa from 1/8/2008?. Previously it was free for a UK Citizen. Does anyone know if a UK Citizen travelling to Dubai say for 1 month to complete on a property purchase after 1/8/2008 will still be required to pay for a visa? How much? Or will the residency visa from the property developer mean we dont pay anything? Would appreciate any responses from anyone who knows the answers to my questions?

sap001

U

U.A.E.1973

Hi there Sval very good question,

It is to my knowledge that in the sense of taking out a mortgage that the company would have paid off the developer upon the completion of the apartment and then you the consumer paying the finance company back the balance at a higher rate.
Because you do not own the property outright but the finance company does until you complete on your mortgage they technically will be the bearer of the title deed's.
I know in the area of the U.A.E mortgatges have generally not been that common as finance in the region tends to be relatively exspensive, so the developers and Sheihks in the region may have not factored in for this eventuality as of yet.

But your best bet I believe would be to phone up the U.A.E foreign commision of the National Dubai Bank and I am sure they will be able to give you a more definitive answer than any of us can

Regards
Paul

S

stylinexpat

I have heard recently that if you travel to Dubai as a visitor you will now have to pay for a visa from 1/8/2008?. Previously it was free for a UK Citizen. Does anyone know if a UK Citizen travelling to Dubai say for 1 month to complete on a property purchase after 1/8/2008 will still be required to pay for a visa? How much? Or will the residency visa from the property developer mean we dont pay anything? Would appreciate any responses from anyone who knows the answers to my questions?

sap001
UK and US Citizens are most likely still ok. These fees depend on which country you come from;)

S

sap001

Residency Visas

If I buy an apartment in Dubai via an offshore trust, I am no longer the beneficial
owner of that property as it is in effect owned by the trustees. Can anyone tell me how this affects the residency visa for myself and my wife if we decide to live there at some stage in the future? I would be grateful for any information or advice anyone is able to give me.

sap001

R

Roshan

If I buy an apartment in Dubai via an offshore trust, I am no longer the beneficial
owner of that property as it is in effect owned by the trustees. Can anyone tell me how this affects the residency visa for myself and my wife if we decide to live there at some stage in the future? I would be grateful for any information or advice anyone is able to give me.

sap001
The rules have not come in as yet. Nobody knows the status on the residence visas, whether one would get one if he had a freehold property.

Suggest for the time being invest in your personal names. An off shore account can be established anytime.

Besides, if you have to change from an off shore account to your personal name, the transfer charges might come into the picture.

"Don't trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you ". Suggest you go with your names on the contract.

Regards

Roshan

S

sap001

Residency Visas?

I understand the Dubai Government are introducing several new categories of visas for Dubai from 1/8/2008- 16 categories I believe. However I am puzzled about the difference between a tourist visa for 1 month costing AED 100 and a short entry visa costing AED 500 which is also for 1 month. What is the difference between the two types of visas? If I had a choice I would just go for the tourist visa costing AED 100 and save myself AED 400! Does anybody else agree with me?

sap001

S

ssazain12

I understand the Dubai Government are introducing several new categories of visas for Dubai from 1/8/2008- 16 categories I believe. However I am puzzled about the difference between a tourist visa for 1 month costing AED 100 and a short entry visa costing AED 500 which is also for 1 month. What is the difference between the two types of visas? If I had a choice I would just go for the tourist visa costing AED 100 and save myself AED 400! Does anybody else agree with me?

sap001[/QUOTE

There is difference between Visit Visa and tourist visa.
Tourist visa is issued only to tour operator companies based on their qouta.
it is valid for a month with a month grace period.(i,e for 2 months ) not renewable.
in Dubai it is called Online visa. The companies sell it for 1200- 1500 dirhams.
Now the roumour is after 1st august they will be increasing by 100%.

Visit visa is issued to individuals for bringing in their relatives and friends. Now from august 1 2008 this is going to change drastically.

I

Investoman_uae

Lets be very clear here please.

Can you get Residency Visa when you buy an off plan property? YES/NO

Is Residency Visa only given once the property is completed and registered on your name? YES/NO

Does the above apply to all emirates or just Dubai? ALL/Dubai ONLY

Did we just waste 2 pages of cyber space and nobody knows what the hell is goin on regarding Residency Visas? YES/NO

:D Laters,

Inv.

haider_dubai

haider_dubai

i think all the answers are with if's and but's , this is the way government keep every thing in their hand and play the game with their own rules .

A

Ali786

Lets be very clear here please.

Can you get Residency Visa when you buy an off plan property? YES/NO

Is Residency Visa only given once the property is completed and registered on your name? YES/NO

Does the above apply to all emirates or just Dubai? ALL/Dubai ONLY

Did we just waste 2 pages of cyber space and nobody knows what the hell is goin on regarding Residency Visas? YES/NO

:D Laters,

Inv.

One day "YES" another day "NO" and some day "MAY BE" thats what going on here

Status
Not open for further replies.