Residence Visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sap001

Residency Visa?

Can someone provide me with the correct advice on these matters please?

1) Let us say I go to Dubai for 1 month to complete on a property purchase, then I decide to rent it out whilst I am in Dubai . I go back after my one month visit. Do you agree it is pointless taking out a residency visa for 3 years for me and family if I am not going to live there during that time? Are there any implications to getting a residency visa at a later stage once we move to Dubai permanently?

2) I have heard if you take out a residency visa in Dubai for 3 years, you have to go back there at least once every 6 months. If you dont go your residency visa is cancelled. Is that correct?

3) What about opening a bank account in Dubai? My current understanding is that I need a residency visa to open a bank account there? What happens if I do NOT want to take out a residency visa but DO want to open a bank account in Dubai? I will obviously need a bank account in Dubai to pay bills, make various payments.

Regards
sap001

D

Doobedoo

1) Yes - you should only consider residency if you are actually going to be resident. Not sure what you mean by 'implications' but you should be able to get residency based on the property at a later stage - of course laws can change and frequently do... as we've seen recently. Only thing to be aware of is that you can't work on a property visa.

2) Correct

3) People say you can't open an account without a visa but it is possible to open a savings account - only issue is that you wont get a cheque book so the only (non cash) method of paying for things is to get a managers cheque from the bank (you will need to physically be there).

Cheers

Can someone provide me with the correct advice on these matters please?

1) Let us say I go to Dubai for 1 month to complete on a property purchase, then I decide to rent it out whilst I am in Dubai . I go back after my one month visit. Do you agree it is pointless taking out a residency visa for 3 years for me and family if I am not going to live there during that time? Are there any implications to getting a residency visa at a later stage once we move to Dubai permanently?

2) I have heard if you take out a residency visa in Dubai for 3 years, you have to go back there at least once every 6 months. If you dont go your residency visa is cancelled. Is that correct?

3) What about opening a bank account in Dubai? My current understanding is that I need a residency visa to open a bank account there? What happens if I do NOT want to take out a residency visa but DO want to open a bank account in Dubai? I will obviously need a bank account in Dubai to pay bills, make various payments.

Regards
sap001

Status
Not open for further replies.