Residence Visa Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
nima

nima

Hi all!!

Has anyone gone through Nakheel's Residence visa procedures after handover ?? Please update on steps and documents needed for this. Do you wait till the keys are with you or can you start the ball rolling as the Completion Date was 31st December 2006????

L

laguna33p

All I know at this stage about residence visas is that it is a very complicated process. You even have to prove you good health. I remember when this subject was discussed over 12mths ago, someone had to sell their property because they were refused residence visa, from what I can remember, it was a trivial reason. Looks like the dubai government can use any reason to not grant a visa. We shall wait and see!

nima

nima

residence visa

i heard that it is straightforward and only needs xray and blood tests to pass it. Even our housemaid passed it for her visa!!

nima

nima

residence visa fees

hi all

Just been speaking to Nakheel immigration department and found out that investors in international city have to pay a massive 7000 AED for residence visa sponsorship from Nakheel.THIS IS THE LIMIT I SAY!!!SQUEEZING OUT THE LAST DROP OF CASH FROM DESPERATE FOREIGN INVESTORS

Last edited by a moderator:
nima

nima

Department of Residency and Naturalization website

Dubai's DRND website shows that no deposit is required to be paid by investors in NAKHEEL and EMAAR. so what is the big fuss for deposit by Nakheel themselves for sponsorship stamped as investor visa??:(

R

Razneer

I'm sure there must be a better way to obtain resident permit. I dont think everyone is in that much of a hurry to get it just yet....we havent even got the apartments yet.

Why not tackle this issue once you have your apartment or at the very least contact the Immigration department and see if you can keep Nakheel out of the loop....looks like Nakheel are just trying to find ways of making extra money out of us.

L

laguna33p

yes razneer, whos worroied about the residency visas, i'm more worried about getting my hands on those keys......

nima

nima

land dept documents etc

has anyone received their title deeds from dubai land department yet?

S

sanairug

I don't know about Nakheel but i took my Visa from Emmar and it was pretty straight forward you pay AED5000 admin fee for your visa sponsorship. once you get your visa then you go for medical test which is simple blood test to make sure you do not have any AIDS, then you apply for visa stamping on your passport which can be done with in the country by paying extra AED 1000 fee, once your visa stamp then you can apply for family sponsorship which Emmar charge another AED5000. But you can apply for your family your self. There is AED 10000 immigration deposit for family visa and stay with them as long you keep that status. Welcome to Home4Uintl.com

G

girlinterrupted

Has anyone been through the process of getting a visa through the property i.e. international city

G

girlinterrupted

If anyone has please do let us know in a few lines the procedure

G

gtmash

You have to go to Nakheel's customer service centre at the Palm Jumeirah, fill up a form, hand over Dhs 5k and your passport, 8 photos, no-objection letter from building owner, passport copies and a copy of first page of contract.
Then go to a clinic (with map provided by Nakheel) for a blood test, and then wait for 2 weeks to pick up your passport with visa from Nakheel.

You pay 2k extra if you do visa change without leaving Dubai. It seems they don't ask for 10k extra as deposit any more, even though it is mentioned on the form. That made me happy.

Last edited:
G

gcalexs

Some questions regarding the process of getting visas through the property (International city)
1. How many years will they grant visa for?
2. Are 5K or 2K refundable at any time?

Thanks in advance.

G

gtmash

Some questions regarding the process of getting visas through the property (International city)
1. How many years will they grant visa for?
2. Are 5K or 2K refundable at any time?

Thanks in advance.
3 years.
Never refundable. It's their fee.

B

Bilal Usman

3 years.
Never refundable. It's their fee.
Hey!,

I just want to know that for residence visa you have to stay in dubai for 2 weeks ( as you told beofre that you have to pick your passport after 2 weeks) thst strange, staying in dubai for 2 whole weeks paying hotel bills. Please help if there is any other way .

J

JohnH

Visas

What I understand from Nakheel is that the emigration dept have stopped issuing residence visa temporarily ? any one know the reason

You have to go to Nakheel's customer service centre at the Palm Jumeirah, fill up a form, hand over Dhs 5k and your passport, 8 photos, no-objection letter from building owner, passport copies and a copy of first page of contract.
Then go to a clinic (with map provided by Nakheel) for a blood test, and then wait for 2 weeks to pick up your passport with visa from Nakheel.

You pay 2k extra if you do visa change without leaving Dubai. It seems they don't ask for 10k extra as deposit any more, even though it is mentioned on the form. That made me happy.

G

gtmash

What I understand from Nakheel is that the emigration dept have stopped issuing residence visa temporarily ? any one know the reason
Nakheel told you that? Disturbing really, since if they pulled this stunt earlier, I would've become illegal. I got it done back in November.

A

alden

Residency visa

Sorry if this question has been asked before. Is there any advantages to having a residents visa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.