RERA - Complaint site

K

kamenoff

Hey, how did you go with RERA? I am interested on some joint action. Just use this site for morecorrespondence.

T

tehmina

no progess maybe we should go for a joint action ....where are you located

A

andypandyspot

i really think if someone wants to start a petition for all investors in dubai outlinning basic daylight robery ,we should all pass around ,as at present there is small groups trying to campain but we need greater nimbers to be heard ,that means all investors unite ,have one letter ,united petitions to be sent to [laces like rera,embassy etc ,anyone up for this
i am abit tied down as running our own group but willing to distribute to all my contacts

T

tehmina

Rera complaint

Can I and my 5 friends join your group as we want to take action on this.............please guide me on how to

i really think if someone wants to start a petition for all investors in dubai outlinning basic daylight robery ,we should all pass around ,as at present there is small groups trying to campain but we need greater nimbers to be heard ,that means all investors unite ,have one letter ,united petitions to be sent to [laces like rera,embassy etc ,anyone up for this
i am abit tied down as running our own group but willing to distribute to all my contacts

A

andypandyspot

petitions

hi guys ,sorry i am not offering to start the petition because i am tied down with a group taking action against a developer already ,but i will see what i can do if any other group members can find the time
all we need is someone who can write a good letter and put the point accross for all investors and can quote laws etc and i would be willing to pass around to my group of nin ty investors to sign ,so if you can do the same ,its not that i dont want to do this but just havnt got the time
i can only help you if you have brough t in international city with gpd ,if you have then email me
kind regads amanda

K

kamenoff

Guys, if you interested in joining our group of investors who have written petition to RERA. We have over 100 supporters but we need you as well. The petition is not project specific and intends to address irregularities in RERA.
Thank you for your support.

K

kamenoff

It seems I cannot paste the link. PM me and I'll send the link.

P

plums

I searched on google for recent petitions for property investors in Dubai.

All I could find was a petition about the Dubai Sports City development ONLY, which surely represents a relatively small area, when considering the extent of the problem in Dubai, rather than a general appeal to RERA to start protecting ALL Dubai investors, regardless of particular development... and start enforcing the existing laws?

Is this the one you mean?

If so, why is it restricted in this way, meaning the vast majority of people who invested in the Dubai property market are unable to sign it?

L

Laiba

hey pls suggest me something on the following issue :
I am not able to transfer the account on my name without clearing the dewa bill .The apartment is still under Developer’s name and there’s accumulated bill of AED 33000 due to high consumption on my single 1 bedroom apartment.Its a pre- handover bill and developer has been absconding now following up this matter myself since many months with DEWA as per them being an owner I ll be liable at the end of day if i have to transfer the account on my name.Dewa said go n complain against developer in Rera I went to RERA as per them RERA cant do anything in this case asked me to go back to dewa so all attempts by me proved to be wasted so far ..

K

kamenoff

The question is who spent the money for Electrecity? Did you live in the apartment? Do you want the appartment?

K

kamenoff

Yep, I was referring to the DSC petition but we had a lot of concerns from investors in another projects. Since then another petition for all investors was introduced:

Petition RERA Help us

You can see the petition was "liked" by more than 2000 people but only 1 signature so far. If you can get people sign it will be appreciated. All petitions will be handed to RERA in end of April/ May.

please let me know if you have more questions.

I searched on google for recent petitions for property investors in Dubai.

All I could find was a petition about the Dubai Sports City development ONLY, which surely represents a relatively small area, when considering the extent of the problem in Dubai, rather than a general appeal to RERA to start protecting ALL Dubai investors, regardless of particular development... and start enforcing the existing laws?

Is this the one you mean?

If so, why is it restricted in this way, meaning the vast majority of people who invested in the Dubai property market are unable to sign it?

L

Laiba

No that's the issue nobody was living in that apartment the bill had come before the apartment got handover to me ..I am not able to transfer the dewa account on my name because the bill is not cleared from developer end.. so either I pay or developer then it will be transferred on my name ..I was told by the developer that the bill is due to wrong meter reading however, dewa says its due to actual usage --dont know who is ryt n wrong in between im in mess..I got the handover already but they have given grace period for making payment otherwise electricity will be disconnected

K

kamenoff

It looks like a mess but again, are you in a hurry to move into the flat? What is your relationship with the Developer? If the Developer claims that it was a wrong meter used, the Developer should sort this out with the DEWA. I wouldn't interfere...full stop! I wouldn't move into the flat...for me it seems a lot of money.

What DEWA has said? Who gave you the "grace" period? Be careful with the grace period because if you agree, that means that you are taking care of the debt and you are getting yourself in a deeper mess...

L

Laiba

As I mentioned developer absconded (ran away).. and now wont be able to rent out property with out electricity ..got to sort this dispute

K

kamenoff

It is something fishy...How is possible the Developer to complete a project and to disappear? Who is managing the property? Do you have Owners' association? Have you spoken to them?
Besides most of the contracts speculate that the key is given when the unit is registered on your name. Have you made your last payment before the registration of the unit?
If you have, how the Unit was registered if "you" had a debt of AED 33,000?
Have you checked if the Developer has more projects?
Any other people in the building with similar issue?

K

kamenoff

Thank you to all who signed the petitions.
We have over 6 000 supporters but only about 300 people signed both petitions.
The petitions will be opened until end of April and will be submitted to RERA in May.
If somebody would like to be present when the petition be handed, please let me know.

Dubai Investors please sign here: Petition RERA Help us

Dubai Sport City Investors here:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dubai_sport_city/

Thank you once again for the support.