RERA - Complaint site

W

Wannaberich

Dubai is a long way from being on a par with western countries in terms of organisation.
The antics of some of these developers is a joke.
First rule of buying a property in Dubai is not location,or price,or attractivness of building,
its make sure you buy from a respected and proven developer.
Even better,if you can find a development from a proven developer who launches his project after completion has started.

R

Roshan

Dubai is a long way from being on a par with western countries in terms of organisation.
The antics of some of these developers is a joke.
First rule of buying a property in Dubai is not location,or price,or attractivness of building,
its make sure you buy from a respected and proven developer.
Even better,if you can find a development from a proven developer who launches his project after completion has started.
I call that a WOW !! ( words of wisdom ). What you said is absolutely right.

Regards

Roshan

M

memo123

Yeh it is like buying a bird on the tree
no exact location, no exact specification , no rights to protect buyer if there is a screw up in the conract . u call the developr a zillion time to correct it and it is of no use , take it or leave it and loose 25% of what u already paid , we are litrally buying deams . the developer collects money 1 year before even spoil testing .
wronge people of no education in a very high positions that dont know heads from tails

N

neez

You are right some how. It is not like the States or Europe. However, Dubai is still a Zillion times better than other GCC countries. Give it some time and you would see a difference.

B

Bez

How I lost £5,000

Trying to Trace Grathal. If anyone can put him in contact with me please do. I must get in contact to respond to his posting last November How I lost £5,000. We have the same problem dealing with this company and believe their sharp practice is a regular thing.
If anyone has contact with Grathal please let me know.
Thanks
Bez

I

investor302

Dubai Real Estate

i agree to what roshan is saying but some developpers are just straight to the point. they explain what they are doing as an investor i should see the cost of the investment and not look at the profit. when it comes to RERA they need to open a lot of other departments to help clear the bad developpers from this country emirate. their work is still cut out for them but there are still a few developpers who can be trusted and others who claim trust but do not deserve it.

J

jameswright011

Damac Complaint

Hi,
I really need your help.
I purchased a property from Damac in April 2008, unfortunately they refused to change my wife's last name to her married name. Therefore they have agreed to refund my money. They 1st said that i would take one week to transfer it, after that week went pass they then said that REAR has to process it and it will now take a minimum of 15-20 day, is that true?
They have also deducted AED 43,845 for brokerage fees and AED1,461.50 from PC Comm from my total refund amount. This was not stated in the Sales Contract. Please can you kindly help me.
Regards

I

iahmed

Hi All,

Need advise from some one who has had similar problem. I will try to make it short.
A woman bought an apartment through a real estate agency from an overseas seller in International city. The apartment was in England, and we all know 70% of the buildings in England cluster belong to Vxxxxx.

The first owner, who was overseas, got the handover on 29th of May 2008. She receievd the keys to the apartment on 4th June and gave it to the lady who bought and paid her the balance. 5th June she went to DEWA for connection for electricity and water, only to be told that there is an outsatnding balance of AED 5818.

She is a friend and asked for help. We went to Nakheel, they gave us documents saying they gave the possession of the building to the Building owner in September 2007. Therefore "V" is responsible for the DEWA from September 2007 till June 2008.

"V" refused to accept this. I went to DEWA and got a detailed bill showing the consumption for each month from September 2007 till August 2008. We went to "V" office and after being kept waiting for one hour were finally allowed to meet the complaints manager. He politely told us, go to hell, and complaint to anyone in the world we do not care. This is not our concern. If you want to solve this, talk to the first buyer, she is the one who is supposed to pay this amount.

We went back to the real estate company that closed the deal with my friend, the agent told us that this is not his concern. He made the buyer and seller meet and they should have sorted all the matters between them before the final payment was made. And advised us to pay the bill to get the connection as RERA, or even the court will not be able to help us. It would cost us much more than AED 5818 to solve this issue.

We can not rent this apartment as there is no electricity and also if we sell it we will have to pay this amount.

Any suggestion, and help????

Imtiaz

R

Roshan

Hi All,

Need advise from some one who has had similar problem. I will try to make it short.
A woman bought an apartment through a real estate agency from an overseas seller in International city. The apartment was in England, and we all know 70% of the buildings in England cluster belong to Vxxxxx.

The first owner, who was overseas, got the handover on 29th of May 2008. She receievd the keys to the apartment on 4th June and gave it to the lady who bought and paid her the balance. 5th June she went to DEWA for connection for electricity and water, only to be told that there is an outsatnding balance of AED 5818.

She is a friend and asked for help. We went to Nakheel, they gave us documents saying they gave the possession of the building to the Building owner in September 2007. Therefore "V" is responsible for the DEWA from September 2007 till June 2008.

"V" refused to accept this. I went to DEWA and got a detailed bill showing the consumption for each month from September 2007 till August 2008. We went to "V" office and after being kept waiting for one hour were finally allowed to meet the complaints manager. He politely told us, go to hell, and complaint to anyone in the world we do not care. This is not our concern. If you want to solve this, talk to the first buyer, she is the one who is supposed to pay this amount.

We went back to the real estate company that closed the deal with my friend, the agent told us that this is not his concern. He made the buyer and seller meet and they should have sorted all the matters between them before the final payment was made. And advised us to pay the bill to get the connection as RERA, or even the court will not be able to help us. It would cost us much more than AED 5818 to solve this issue.

We can not rent this apartment as there is no electricity and also if we sell it we will have to pay this amount.

Any suggestion, and help????

Imtiaz
If you keep at this, you will be arguing until the cows come home. This point should have been bought up before paying the seller. the seller should actually pay for it. If he / she hasn't then that shows his /her class.

The estate agent acts as the broker in these cases and is not responsible.

Damage control : Since the seller has declined to pay. Pay off and recover it from the fact that you can give it out on rent immediately.

Good luck.

Regards

Roshan

BTW who's Vxxxxxxx....quite curious to know :D

F

faheem2241

Hi guys few days back i lost my Rera Land Department Card i went to RERA for Replacement they said first you go and take course i took it than i went back to them now they are saying that your visa must be in the same company!!!! i asked them why they have given me card before said rules are changed now !!!! now my question is WHY if some buddy has multiple business like me i have ONE sponsor two One office two licnese one is real estate one is Comercial broker LLC in which i am a partner and in real estate i am Manager now what is worng with it if i have a visa of my LLC company why they are making it so much confusing ???? and at the end you have to pay for cancelation and new visa if they change rule why dont they pay for it !!! that guy just said simply SORRY brother New rule why dont they say thank you sir rules are changed let us pay what you have lost ! why dont they make rules in the start are we people only left for there experiments this is how my hard money is going in no where ! any help ? or any way i can get the card without moving my visa !!!!

P

pinnacle1

I have purchased several apartments at Marina pinnacle from Tiger properties, property was supposed to be completed June 2008. Developers are now saying December 2010. Developer never replies to e.mails or letters from any of it's clients and is just giving everyone the run around. Developer still wants everyone to keep to payment schedule from three years ago. Developer is sitting on literally millions of my dirhams and I will still have to wait another two and a half years before completion and developers will not pay any compensation.Have reported this to RERA, but I think they are pretty much redundent, and are allowing developers to do basically what they want.

R

Roshan

I have purchased several apartments at Marina pinnacle from Tiger properties, property was supposed to be completed June 2008. Developers are now saying December 2010. Developer never replies to e.mails or letters from any of it's clients and is just giving everyone the run around. Developer still wants everyone to keep to payment schedule from three years ago. Developer is sitting on literally millions of my dirhams and I will still have to wait another two and a half years before completion and developers will not pay any compensation.Have reported this to RERA, but I think they are pretty much redundent, and are allowing developers to do basically what they want.
Don't expect to much from them. By dragging your developer to RERA, you will not achieve anything. RERA will wash their hands off and tell you to go to the court.

I have been there couple of times and was not impressed. Probably they have too much on their hands already.

Regards

Roshan

T

tehmina

Just joined I and my 5 friuends have bought apartments in Aspire's Jeehan Residences in JVS after paying 25% and waiting for more than 2 years nothing has happened tried to contact RERA to know whether they are registered with them but have had no response Aspire says RERA is delaying the process..........what to do Roshan can you guide me

R

Roshan

Just joined I and my 5 friuends have bought apartments in Aspire's Jeehan Residences in JVS after paying 25% and waiting for more than 2 years nothing has happened tried to contact RERA to know whether they are registered with them but have had no response Aspire says RERA is delaying the process..........what to do Roshan can you guide me
Most of the projects in JVS are delayed. A fantastic location as I said earlier on but lacks good developers. Al Faraa is one of the good developers out there.

The only thing you can do is to stop payments ( I wonder if they will do it, as these companies would be strapped for cash ).

I invested in Omniyat in BB and when they had problems with handing over of the plot from Dubai properties, they had the decency to stop all payments. until further notice.

RERA will not be able to help you. I have had the experience.

RERA delaying the process is an open statement which does not make sense. Visit their office and try to get some inside info.

Log onto RERA site Land Department and you will get to know if they are registered. You do not have to visit RERA to know this.

Will try to gather info for you. Don't panic at this stage. Stay cool as there is nothing you can do about it.

Regards

Roshan

F

faheem2241

hi every one my question in is real estate brokers company can sublease a appartment ? i have heard that for sub leasing you need 5m AED security deposit to pay rera as a security is this ture if than what is the procedure any one can help ?

J

jlizcano

Law 13 - Cancellation Fees

Hi All,

Article 11 says that if the purchaser has not fulfilled his contractual obligations, the developer may cancel the contract and repay the purchaser his money less a deduction that does not exceed 30% of the monies paid by the purchaser.

I bought a property in June-08 and have paid 10% so far, I have not signed a contract yet so the only thing I have is the REservation Form.

Due to several reasons I can not continue paying the installments. I contacted the developer and they say that Law 13 does not apply because I bought the property before the law was issued and then no money will be reimbursed to me.

Does anybody know if this is true?

T

thedoctor

Most of the projects in JVS are delayed. A fantastic location as I said earlier on but lacks good developers. Al Faraa is one of the good developers out there.

The only thing you can do is to stop payments ( I wonder if they will do it, as these companies would be strapped for cash ).

I invested in Omniyat in BB and when they had problems with handing over of the plot from Dubai properties, they had the decency to stop all payments. until further notice.

RERA will not be able to help you. I have had the experience.

RERA delaying the process is an open statement which does not make sense. Visit their office and try to get some inside info.

Log onto RERA site Land Department and you will get to know if they are registered. You do not have to visit RERA to know this.

Will try to gather info for you. Don't panic at this stage. Stay cool as there is nothing you can do about it.

Regards

Roshan
Hi Roshan,
I was wondering if you could help wit some advise.
I have brought a hotel appartment from the first group in July/08
I will not be able to make future payments due to the current financial situation in the UK. Do you know where I would stand regarding Law 13?
i.e, would it be possible to reclaim70%?

Thanks

L

london1971

RERA, do nothing. I have been trying to contact them about the developments that i have in Business Bay and in Dubai Sport City.

It appears it doesnt matter if they are building or not, only makes any difference if developer cancels the project. I was on the phone for over three hours and that is about the only useful information they told me.

Take it up with the courts, i have done research on this, it generally cost between 26.2% and 60% to take the case through the court. It is hardly worth doing, the money you are risking in court is almost as much as you have paid for the units.

Any alternative suggestions would be great??? Please pm me, if you are in a similar situation....

P

pinnacle1

This situation is now very serious. I have heartd of thousands of cases where tyhe developers is years behide with the development or the are not starting. People are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds. We are basically being robbed. The developers know this, so do RERA and so do the government. They are purposly changing the laws so they can steal from the purchasers and resell making more money. This has got to stop. RERA won't do anything because they are governed by the government, so are lawyers. They have been told not to take action against developers as it could be detrimental.
I personally want to get the British Embassey involved, surely they will have some kind of say in how everyone is being treated.
To do this though we are going to need a lot of support. I ask everyone that has a finacial complaint against their developer, please e.mail me. Unfortunatly I cannot leave my e.mail address as this site won't let me.
I also want to involve the English press, as the likes of the Sun and Daily Express love stories like this. Hopefully it will stop other purchasers getting mugged by the Dubai authorities.