rental increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

careful

is there a law about the rental increase in dubai. can i increase the rent on my first renewal of contract . its been a year that i rented out my appartment. Plz post any info regarding the permission of increase. my apt was rented out at 46k
last year. now the new tennants are paying 65k in IC for one bed. what should i do?

G

georgihh

is there a law about the rental increase in dubai. can i increase the rent on my first renewal of contract . its been a year that i rented out my appartment. Plz post any info regarding the permission of increase. my apt was rented out at 46k
last year. now the new tennants are paying 65k in IC for one bed. what should i do?
You can’t increase the rent but you can ask the tenant to vacate the flat as you are
Not going to rent it anymore

M

mk2301

hi careful,

where did you here tenants are paying 65K for a one bed is that for furnished or unfurnished apt?

thanks
mk2301

G

gtmash

Yeah, never heard of a 65k apartment except in those premium non-country buildings. Your tenant can take you to the rental committee if you try to kick him out.

S

sheray

:)

Hi

Not really 1bhk current rate in international city is near 62 or 65k.
And their is soooooooooo much demand. I can easily rent out
in max 3 days or less.

Incase you guys have 1bhk in IC please let me know.

And yes you can ask the tenant to vacate. You no more want to rent it. Simple ! to be honest i dont know about the commetie thing.

Any senior member can shed lite on this. ?

Regards
Sheray

eyeC

eyeC

Hi

you cant force a tenant out for no reason if he doesnt want to leave

you can only force him out with a court order provided you have a good reason for wanting him out

you can negotiate with your tenant regarding a fair rent and maybe he will agree to a small raise otherwise you have to wait 2 years for max. 5% increase

some of the reasons to be used for court could be

- misuse of property

-the person you signed the contract to sub lets your property without your approval

-you want to live in it

-used for illegal stuff....could be Prostitution,drugs,etc if you can prove it

-sharing by many without your approval

if anyone knows any more excuses please let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.