rent to rent legals

Discussion in 'Rent to Rent & Property Lease Options' started by jakdavie, Aug 23, 2019.

1. jakdavie

jakdavie New Member

hello i am new to property investing im going down the route of rent to rent i was just wondering once you have you deal all set up what legal steps do i need to take to make sure that this is completely legal and i am safe?

thank you guys for your help

2. I think the most obvious thing to do is ensure you are able to sub-let the property. I would also pass any contracts through a solicitor so you know your rights and obligations. You dont want any shocks further down the line lol

3. jakdavie

jakdavie New Member

thank you for your help ill be sure to do my due diligence

4. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

I would also get all contracts checked by a solicitor so you know your obligations and liabilities.

5. realdeals

realdeals Active Member

Are there decent margins in rent to rent transactions? I may be wrong but I would guess the margins are fairly tight?

6. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

I think there is potential for some decent margin on rent to rent arrangements if you can split a property into a decent number of single living spaces. However, the initial cost of doing so would have a significant bearing on long-term potential profit.