Rent Refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poorboy

Can someone tell me,if a tenant decides to move out of a rented unit after 6 months when they have paid for a full year,are they entitled to a refund for the remaining 6 months if it is rented out again straightaway?
Also,are they entitled to a refund if you decide not to re-rent?
Thanks.

G

georgihh

Can someone tell me,if a tenant decides to move out of a rented unit after 6 months when they have paid for a full year,are they entitled to a refund for the remaining 6 months if it is rented out again straightaway?
Also,are they entitled to a refund if you decide not to re-rent?
Thanks.
The tenants have to give 2 months notice.
Depends on the landlord.
If he is a gentlemen he will refund adjusted amount if not he can keep everything

P

Poorboy

Not sure if its a question of being a gent.If the tenants decide not to fulfill the contract then this isnt a fault of the landlord.
Also,it would mean if I were to re-rent,I would not re-gain the property for 12 months from now if I wanted to sell instead of 6 months.Therefore,as a compensation to me,to retain the rent for the remaining 6 months would be required.Otherwise,the tenants have the option to stay another 6 months and not lose any money.
I think thats fair.

J

jordandvdj

Don't even bother

Dubai is about greed. nothing more nothing less. You will get nothing and there is nothing you can do about it.

Your landlord may be reasonable but unless he is a reasonable man - 1% chance - wave bye bye to your cash.

This place sucks for fair treatment - expect none and you will not be disappointed.

If you live in dubai - expect the worst of people - you will be happier in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.