Rent Caps not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wannaberich

The rent prices quoted in the gulf news are indeed misleading - you're not seeing what the actual rents are going for - just asking prices which are still based on the 'past' (except for IC and Discovery Gardens...) You may be able to attract a renter by advertising the apartment yourself (by OWNER) , thus no commission, be prepared to take multiple checks with a discount for i year pre-payment and adjust your price to where the market is now... As the months pass, the rents will drop further as many owners that have several apartments will realize that they will not be able to sell them - and more will come on the market creating more downward pressure on prices..

good luck!
I accept some of the prices in Gulf News are misleading,less for villas though.
However,like I said,as people cannot buy because of the banks then they will have to rent.This should slow down the dramatic drop in rents that some are predicting.

R

Roshan

Even though most of us are landlords in the making, I still feel that a rental correction would prove healthyfor Dubai in the long run.

REgards

Roshan

R

Roshan

The only way I feel the rentals will hold is when the banks don't part with their money on mortgages.

When people can't buy, then the option is only to rent.

Roshan

P

PropGuy

Off topic, but steel prices went down 86% from their peak price in June.

N

naxal

^^^^^^^^^^^^
A friend sarcastically said to me yesterday that in downtown area of Dubai (Naif ,Sabkha) ,it is extremely easy to find a hooker or a pimp but very hard to find a car parking ! ;);):p

R

Roshan

yes but the hookers went up by 20%:):)
Ha ! Ha! nice one. The oldest profession in the world, no recession there my friend.

One profession where there is no credit and only cash. No MOU's, No rental caps although some other caps are considered mandatory :D

Roshan

G

georgihh

Ha ! Ha! nice one. The oldest profession in the world, no recession there my friend.

One profession where there is no credit and only cash. No MOU's, No rental caps although some other caps are considered mandatory :D

Roshan
Guys you think I am joking but this business is highly related to Dubai’s economy
Do you know who tourist number one in Dubai is? – Saudi Arabia
Do you know that if no hookers this people will never come?
Less tourism- less business – less money – price goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.