Remedies and Relief from Beastie Bites

L

lyndsay552

Avon have a deal on at the moment, £2 for the skin so soft dry oil spray, its usually £5

Free delivery if you spend over £20

Lyndsay

K

kc67

Thanks Isab, but I've tried just about everything at one stage or another - the only things that seem to work for me are antihistimine tablets daytime and Lanacane cream night time. What causes the prickly heat anyway? - no one seems to have a definite answer - the most common answer seems to be blocked sweat glands, any other ideas?

K

kc67

Thanks for letting us know about the special offer Lyndsay - may need to stock up now at that price.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Great minds LOL. Out of curiosity how many hours are you ahead of us currently 12.13 here.

K

kc67

Thanks for that Queenie & Isab - have read it and I must be a person who sweats easily - definitely not overweight (more like a stick insect!!) ha ha

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kc - Your welcome I dont sweat alot but still get it. In UK I tend to get it on my knees. The worse time I got it was in Ibiza. Went to the chemist and they gave me some white lotion in a brown bottle ( cant remember the name ) and I had to apply twice a day and keep out of the sun!!!
I now pack some of hubbies hayfever tablets but touch wood havent had it in Egypt.

C

CMChris

Try taking the low dose anti histamine tablets ie those 1 a day tablets for hayfever. I've found they stop prickly heat cos its an allergic reaction to heat and sun.

C

CMChris

OKs mental note to self Must read all messages before I reply lol

queenie40something

queenie40something

Just read about a cream that you can buy in Egypt called Clipp - in yellow, blue and white box. Might be worth a go.

L

Lsab

OKs mental note to self Must read all messages before I reply lol
I suffer from this ailment myself!! I keep thinking I've come up with something new and original and it's all been said and done before:eek:

K

kc67

Hi Queenie - is Clipp to stop the prickly heat or to soothe it once you've got it?

C

CMChris

JUst read about Clipp on another forum too. Its a 'smoothing and rejuvenating cream' which you can smear everywhere, 12LE for a 62g tube from the pharmacy, reading its 'ingredients' I'd guess its the lemon oil that does the trick.

J

johnwayne

Banned
Citronella candles

Hi everyone - not sure if this is the right place to post this but have just come back from Aldi's and picked up some citronella candles. Some I picked up were tartlets in a terracota saucer (a 3 pack) and also a chrome small bucket with a large citronella candle inside - £1.29 each.
I am sure I read somewhere that these citronella candles were good for mozzies?

If mods want to transfer this post to a mozzie posting - if there is one - then please do! I was just really pleased with the prices and they will look quite attractive outside. Partner has a very bad reaction to mozzies both in this country and abroad. Couple of weeks ago he was on antibiotics as his ankle swelled up to twice its original size - a bit worrying! - will probably place these candles on a table and the floor.

Hope this all helps everyone - just love a bargain!