Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

registration of new apartment

Discussion in 'Egypt property' started by suzie 1958, Oct 15, 2008.

1. suzie 1958

suzie 1958 New Member

I have been talking to an agent regarding buying an apartment in sahl hasheese who has reccomended that once i have purchased it i should not register it with the local authorities, is this true????

2. charliesurf

charliesurf New Member

Hi Suzie,

I have read a few posts regding this subject. The resident lawyer has also added his comments. If you search the threads you should uncover the information you require.

I dont think its a yes or no answer, from waht I have read .....but I may be wrong. If you are still unsure I am positive someone else should be able to help shortly..

Charlie

3. suzie 1958

suzie 1958 New Member

Thank you Charlie for your help will check through other threads.

4. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Good news - my apartment has now been registered through the courts in Cairo :)

5. HORIZON

HORIZON New Member

Hi Suzie,

It depends on the motives of the purchase. If you want to resell before 5 years, i.d buy for short term investment, then registering is not an option. The same applies if you are planning to buy more than 2 properties.

Still if you purchase in any project in Egypt, first the developer has to register the project itself which can take a year to do, and only then the provides for individual registrations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.