Regency Crash Pads - Hurghada + recommendation for local solicitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Faro

I'm looking for some info on this development and in particular the activities of Andrew Harris of Property Hotspots Worldwide Ltd, Hot Properties Overseas Ltd and First Leisure Ltd.

I've seen some bad press on this guy and his past activities which make me nervous when I see he has any involvement.

Also can anyone recommend an independent solicitor in Egypt for conveyancying matters.

All help, advice and/or warnings greatly appreciated.

E

Elite

A couple of lawyers you might want to try are: Mr Zeiad Yehia - you can contact him via this forum, he posts regularly to give buyers help and advice.
Another is: Louis-Xavier Huguenin of Martinez Echevarria.com in Hurghada.

If you prefer to use a UK based company we can recommend Philip Morris of Legal Alliances Worldwide, and The International Property Law Centre (Max Gold).

With regard to Andy Harris - we have found him to be extremely honest and professional. Yes there have been malicious emails sent out warning buyers off using his company, but you will find an explanation on these allegations direct from Andy Harris himself in the Regency Beach thread - have a read and make up your own mind, although we as a company have no problems representing his company and the Regency brand.

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6412-regency-beach-pictures-update-post58381.html?highlight=harris#post58381

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Faro

Thanks for you reply.

What type of ownership do you get?

and when you sell - what is the current situation regarding tax in Egypt and can all monies be remitted out freely etc.

L

Lsab

Hi Faro and welcome to the forum. I had one of the first reservations on Crash Pads but after reading all that I did I pulled out of both that development and another. It was completely my choice of course and I wish you well with your purchase.

I'd be interested to see how it progresses - looks like it'll be a good investment. Have they started building yet? What is the completion date? Have licenses etc been granted?

You might like to see this thread too: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8973-recommended-solicitors-4.html

F

Faro

I'm new to this forum.

What does it mean when your thread gets moved?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and welcome. The moderators will move a thread for example if someone has made a new thread on an existing subject in another thread - topic. We will merge the threads together if they are the same. You can use the search facility to check for existing threads on subjects before posting a new one.

Randall

Randall

Hi Faro

Firstly if your post gets moved to another thread it is because the moderators feel you will get a better answer.....It has been moved to the legal questions thread.

I have bought at Regency Heights and like you was worried about what people were saying about Andy Harris. Elite - Overseas who are my agents were happy to continue dealing with the Regency brand therefore i trust their judgement, they know better than me.

I feel that with all the builds Regency are promoting and involved in building they would be daft not to deliver as promised.

I sent Andy a message yesterday wanting an update on Regency Heights and he has answered satisfactory today. he is also meeting me next March and taking me to the site.

So far so good.

At least he has defended the allegations and answered them well. I feel it's better the devil you know.

Does anyone know the past history of all people involved in their purchase in Egypt?

You do at Regency...So you know what your gambling on.

Good luck...whatever you do

L

Lsab

Hi Faro,

On this occasion I just moved your thread from the 'Lounge' to the main forum. The main forum is more about the purchasing process and for members to ask for and to give information on all the various developments. You'll get many more members reading your thread where it is now. The 'Lounge' is for just about everything else - from chatting to flight information! Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Linda

C

chriscross34

mmm these Regency crash pads look nice. They look like they might be worth a punt though if i could afford one, id be interested to hear how the rental market is fairing in Hurghada as that would be my prime reason for buying one. Chris

L

lizzy2u

do not buy if you need rental income as this is a very new market for renting and yet unknown and my feeling is it will be slow

queenie40something

queenie40something

mmm these Regency crash pads look nice. They look like they might be worth a punt though if i could afford one, id be interested to hear how the rental market is fairing in Hurghada as that would be my prime reason for buying one. Chris
Hi Chris have you seen these threads http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/4430-will-hurghada-have-oversupply-beds.html

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/8163-oversupply-beds-eygpt.html

Regards

Alison

C

chriscross34

thanks Lizzy, thanks Alison,will have a look, that is very kind of you, Chris

C

chriscross34

Hi All, ive seen Regency crash pads still available and noticed on one of the agents websites(property matters overseas) that the developer is offering a 20% discount off the prices till end of Feb 2009

Has anyb ody purchased one of these and do you have any progress pictures and/or updates/feedback. Are they in a pleasant location ie not in the middle of nightclubs but not too far from shops etc.

I can imagine these being marketed towards divers and younger clientele

thanks Chris

Randall

Randall

Hi Wanabeeinvestor

Please correct me if i am wrong but i feel that you have digressed from an earlier posting regarding your purchase on Regency Beach.

You made enquiries about buying a key ready property at Regency Towers only to come back with a comment about it not being owned by PHW and there was a dispute. Which i feel you knew about before you posted on here.

Now you appear to be discrediting Regency crash pads in a suttle way.

Are you a genuine purchaser or out to upset buyers of the Regency Brands, me for one.

As a buyer i feel uneasy at present with your selective postings. Which is possibly your intentions.

There are a lot of potential buyers losing faith in there purchases at present and experiencing worrying times.

If you do have genuine information about PHW and their dealings please post the information properly rather than select times to drip feed fear.

Last edited:
NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Wanabeeinvestor

Please correct me if i am wrong but i feel that you have digressed from an earlier posting regarding your purchase on Regency Beach.

You made enquiries about buying a key ready property at Regency Towers only to come back with a comment about it not being owned by PHW and there was a dispute. Which i feel you knew about before you posted on here.

Now you appear to be discrediting Regency crash pads in a suttle way.

Are you a genuine purchaser or out to upset buyers of the Regency Brands, me for one.

As a buyer i feel uneasy at present with your selective postings. Which is possibly your intentions.

There are a lot of potential buyers losing faith in there purchases at present and experiencing worrying times.

If you do have genuine information about PHW and their dealings please post the information properly rather than select times to drip feed fear.

Hi Randall, well said and why has he now moved on to upsetting clients in Hurghada Village, DP, CSP. We all know there are problems as the previous 100 posts show i doubt people need reminding by someone who seems to want to upset every single purchaser in Hurghada. Use your time constructively and help if you have any news rather than scaremongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.