Regency Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

awahee123

Banned
Does anybody have any reservations about these developments being to close to the sea,lets have your thoughts please.

F

flip

Propertastic would you invest in this resort if you had the funds?

Do you see this as a long term investment or something that you can make money on when its complete i.e do you think this can double in price when complete?

P

propertastic

Propertastic would you invest in this resort if you had the funds?

Do you see this as a long term investment or something that you can make money on when its complete i.e do you think this can double in price when complete?
Yes, I am very bullish about Regency Beach.

Why do I like this development so much?

Firstly I think it's quite a pretty looking development:

Secondly it's from the people who have already completed Regency Towers, which shows that the developers are able to deliver.

Thirdly, by the time the resort is opened, the area should have a fairly decent infrastructure in place - not as developed as the Touristic Center, but I think similar to where Hurghada's southern section is at the moment.

Fourthly, and most importantly, IT'S FIRSTLINE BEACHFRONT FROM GBP20,000!!!! Can anyone think of anywhere else within a reasonable distance of Europe where you can get frontline for that price. Libya? Lebanon? Even in Albania, which has no flights and no infrastructure (and often no electricity much of the time) prices are higher than that already!

There's certainly no question in my mind as to whether it's going up. The only question is by how much.

Whether the price can increase by 100% over the two years before completion is debatable - that would be a little over 40% per year, which is a little optimistic, I think, but isn't totally impossible if the media starts talking about it.

I'm not in the UK, so don't know what overseas property programs are running these days. But if 'A Place in the Sun' or one of the other mass-market shows did a programme on Egypt, then I think that prices would increase everywhere by 20% within the following 24 hours.

I think that 25% per annum on this development is quite realistic though, whatever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ACP

Hello everyone.

This development seems to be very nice.
I am seriously interested in buying a property in Hurghada.

Who else is going to buy an apartment there (Regency Beach)?

Do you have any other information about Regency Beach?
I would like this thread to be a real encyclopedia of this development! :)

Greetings.

P

propertastic

I can't tell you too much about it here or else the information will be editted out, but if you click on my signature below, you will find pretty much all of the information that is currently available on the development.

A

ACP

I can't tell you too much about it here or else the information will be editted out, but if you click on my signature below, you will find pretty much all of the information that is currently available on the development.
Heh, I know your website very well.

I am simply interested in general opinions of other investors or
people who just want to live cheap in a wonderful place, not
official information created by the developer.

Photos and opinions created by, for instance, people who live
in Hurghada are much more valuable than ordinary
"BUY OUR APARTMENT", don't you think? ;)

P

propertastic

That's certainly the case with finished developments, or areas where people are already living, such as El Gouna.

It's a bit more difficult though to get much feedback on an area which is currently a building site and won't really start coming together for another couple of years.

A

ACP

That's certainly the case with finished developments, or areas where people are already living, such as El Gouna.

It's a bit more difficult though to get much feedback on an area which is currently a building site and won't really start coming together for another couple of years.
But would you buy an apartment in Regency Beach right now? Do you recommend it? Have you already seen it? Or maybe you bought a flat there? :)

crombiestone

crombiestone

Heh, I know your website very well.

I am simply interested in general opinions of other investors or
people who just want to live cheap in a wonderful place, not
official information created by the developer.

Photos and opinions created by, for instance, people who live
in Hurghada are much more valuable than ordinary
"BUY OUR APARTMENT", don't you think? ;)
Hi ACP .

I think you will struggle to find honest unbiased opinion on this forum .Any negative opinions of Hurghada or Sahl will be talked down in favour of sales patter . Do your homework and know what you are buying in to,visit the area , take sales promises with a large pinch of salt and you should be OK.

A

ACP

Hi ACP .

I think you will struggle to find honest unbiased opinion on this forum .Any negative opinions of Hurghada or Sahl will be talked down in favour of sales patter . Do your homework and know what you are buying in to,visit the area , take sales promises with a large pinch of salt and you should be OK.
Well, the prices in Regency Beach will certainly start increasing soon, so
I need to decide within the next weeks. I have not even been to Egypt so
far, but I intend to move there in 2008.

Do you think I can buy a studio there without visiting Hurghada?
In reality, people who visit the development do not know MUCH more
than those who just see pictures of it in Europe. What do you think?

crombiestone

crombiestone

Well, the prices in Regency Beach will certainly start increasing soon, so
I need to decide within the next weeks. I have not even been to Egypt so
far, but I intend to move there in 2008.

Do you think I can buy a studio there without visiting Hurghada?
In reality, people who visit the development do not know MUCH more
than those who just see pictures of it in Europe. What do you think?
I think you need your head read:eek:

You have never been there but you intend to move there :confused:

You HAVE to visit Hurghada before you buy . Its very different to Europe and somewhat of a culture shock when you first visit . Those who visit will see Hurghada warts and all ,see whats in the areas surrounding your development and you need to be happy with this before you make a life changing decision like this .

There are some cheap flights in January.Is a couple of hundred pounds not worth it before shelling out a few thousand on an impulse buy ??

P

propertastic

For once I agree with crombiestone!

You really do need to go out there and see the place for yourself before making any binding commitments. By all means pay a refundable reservation fee to secure something before the pre-release deal is over, but don't commit yourself to investing all that money unseen.

Unfortunately I don't have GBP20,000 to go property buying but, if I did, Regency Beach would be at the top of my list as it's the most affordable beachfront property that I am aware of in the region at the moment.

Athough I don't have the cash to invest, as I said before, I am basically investing my future career and lifestyle on the market in Hurghada continuing to grow, which is probably an even more significant investment than GBP20,000.

A

ACP

Hm, I must think it over.

Propertastic, do you have any apartments in Egypt?

I do not fully agree with you - buying an apartment can be also
treated as an investment, so I would not even need to like the place.
Nevertheless, I will try to visit Hurghada and make sure everything's OK.

And I am not from the UK :)

Oh - I heard that on the 25th of January 2008 the prices will
increase of 15%! Is it true? See, that's why I am so scatterbrained ;)

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hello everyone.

This development seems to be very nice.
I am seriously interested in buying a property in Hurghada.

Who else is going to buy an apartment there (Regency Beach)?

Do you have any other information about Regency Beach?
I would like this thread to be a real encyclopedia of this development! :)

Greetings.
ACP. I am an owner of an apartment in Hurghada not a seller, I did buy mine off the internet without seeing Hurghada, but we had been to Egypt quite a few times beforehand and loved the culture.
If I was to do it all again we would have gone out to see the place first there is alot of developments in Hurghada and you have a great choice. DO NOT BUY BEFORE YOU LOOK. do your homework first if you want to live there the weather can be very hot in summer and very nice in winter.
Take advise and look first enjoy the place, it takes alot of planing to go out and live. There are also alot of resales going on now so you might even find one that suites you better without waiting for the building to be built.

P

propertastic

Hm, I must think it over.

Propertastic, do you have any apartments in Egypt?

I do not fully agree with you - buying an apartment can be also
treated as an investment, so I would not even need to like the place.
Nevertheless, I will try to visit Hurghada and make sure everything's OK.

And I am not from the UK :)

Oh - I heard that on the 25th of January 2008 the prices will
increase of 15%! Is it true? See, that's why I am so scatterbrained ;)

No, I don't have anything in Egypt yet. I told my girlfriend exactly 12 months ago that we should sell our apartments in Latvia and buy in Egypt instead. She procrastinated with the result that the value if our investment has dropped 30% instead of rising by a minimum of 20%.

The price rise on 25 January sounds realistic to me. I know that the pre-sales have gone very well and that the offer was only planned to last three months, so it's not just a sales trick.

My recommendation would be to place your refundable reservation fee, but to get over there and see it for yourself before you go to contract just to be on the safe side.

crombiestone

crombiestone

No, I don't have anything in Egypt yet. I told my girlfriend exactly 12 months ago that we should sell our apartments in Latvia and buy in Egypt instead. She procrastinated with the result that the value if our investment has dropped 30% instead of rising by a minimum of 20%.

The price rise on 25 January sounds realistic to me. I know that the pre-sales have gone very well and that the offer was only planned to last three months, so it's not just a sales trick.

My recommendation would be to place your refundable reservation fee, but to get over there and see it for yourself before you go to contract just to be on the safe side.
So you lost money on your last investments in Latvia ? :(

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I have heard that prices will go up in Hurghada due to materials for building going up also the more money that goes into the country will bring the prices up and the wages up. You can not expect the price of your apartment to go up every year and the economy to stay the same. Hurghada is good to buy now but you have to remember that if your apartment goes up every other apartment goes up. Think to yourself what do you want an apartment for years or just a quick money making plan.

D

dave99

Why do they need to be re-furbished

Hello Peter
The villas are being refurbished by Property-Hotspots-Worldwide
not sure about the prices. these are adjacent to the regency beach site and are also owned by property hotspots.
Why do they need to be re-furbished - are they from an old unused development or something.

P

propertastic

So you lost money on your last investments in Latvia ? :(
Actually we didn't lose money as we got in at the right time (and also went through a lot of blood, sweat and tears to reconstruct one of them).

As of 31 March we had tripled our money; currently we have only doubled it.

This reinforces the point that J4hurghada makes that knowing when and where to buy is only half the secret of how to make money from property - knowing your exit strategy - when to get out - is the second half.

Although I am often accused of over-hyping Hurghada, I will readily admit that the boom there is not going to last forever. I would estimate that there are three years left of rapid growth, a couple of years where prices level off, and then the market will probably be over-saturated and prices will fall.

By which time I will be off and heading for the next property hotspot being touted as 'the next Egypt'. I reckon Libya could be interesting as an outside bet.

D

dave99

Not uncommon from agent sites

You are right I noticed that yesterday,even some nice looking pictures of Seagull hotel in Sekalla.
It is misleading especially to the buyers who haven't yet visited Egypt.
Not uncommon from agent sites to see pic of somewhere else - sometimes it due to a technical thing with page headings but it should be less misleading.

Noticed same thing on the new site being advertised by Peter and Nick - they show a heading picture on most pages also not directly related to the adverts.

Status
Not open for further replies.