Regency Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
It is indeed strange; most Developers in Egypt find the opposite, there is a much bigger demand for studios and one beds. This is logical with so many couples and divers coming out. Also the flight costs must put big families off.

P

propertyborders

Strange that most of the small units sell first.

I've had the reverse on my development. The 3 bed units have gone first so I've had chnage room layouts to add extra 3 bed units.
Dave I also find that clients tend buy the smallest units first. Its good for you that you sold the bid ones first.

D

dave99

Better value maybe - plus more balconies

Dave I also find that clients tend buy the smallest units first. Its good for you that you sold the bid ones first.
Maybe it's not just because they were 3 bedrooms but the fact that they have other facilities that make them attractive (3 balconies, 2 baths etc),not just the price being the big thing.

Anyway I now have four 1 bedroom units that used to be 2 bed ones, so maybe it will open up a new market for my development.

Thanks for the experienced notes.

P

propertyborders

Maybe it's not just because they were 3 bedrooms but the fact that they have other facilities that make them attractive (3 balconies, 2 baths etc),not just the price being the big thing.

Anyway I now have four 1 bedroom units that used to be 2 bed ones, so maybe it will open up a new market for my development.

Thanks for the experienced notes.
Your welcome.

C

cbk

I'm currently considering buying a 1 bed at Regency Beach. Can anyone advise when it will be ready and also how have you financed this?

I am able to pay cash u front but would rather take out a mortgaege, Do any UK Banks offr mortgage for Egyptian properties?

A

awahee123

Banned
The only way you could get finance in the uk is to either get a personall loan or remortgage your current property if you have one.I'm pretty sure the development will not be ready till at least next year,however i'm sure they would allow you to pay in what is usually 3 stages.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Once you are in a position to pay 30 or 40% and have signed your contract most Developers will allow flexibility on the balance throughout the construction period. Some will even extend up to a year after you get your keys. A good agent will always try to secure the best deal for you.

P

propertastic

The current payment terms for Regency Beach are as follows:

GBP1000 Initial reservation fee (refundable)
35% Deposit (less the initial reservation fee) payable within 21 days of contract
20% six months following initial deposit
20% twelve months following initial deposit
25% upon completion

The development will be constructed in two phases. Phase one will be completed in early 2009 . Phase two will be completed late 2009.

They are also offering 5% discount for anyone paying 90% at the time of contract.

I have to say that I think this is a pretty poor discount for cash - you'd be better off keeping it in the building society for 18 months, wouldn't you?

A

ACP

Hello everyone!

Is anybody thinking about buying a flat in Regency Beach?
Or better - anybody already bought one in this development?

Do you think that 500/m2 in Regency Beach is better from the
financial point of view than 400/m2 in Lotus Breeze? Are
developments right on the beach much more wanted?

ACP

P

propertastic

If we can sell our lame duck of an apartment in Latvia, I am planning on buying at Regency Beach with my ex-girlfriend.

It's a tough decision as I like Lotus Breeze as well. But there's only a limit amount of beachfront that's ever going to exist and so I think that this warrants the price premium.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Beachfront is always best! Nothing will ever be built in front of you and frontline beach will always be in demand as the beachfront gets developed in the future.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Beach Front

I think I support peter opinion Beach front is always the best specialy for investment for price value and its easier if interested to rent or resell

Randall

Randall

Hi All

I have purchased at the Regency Beach and have reserved a one bed apartment for £24.999. Appears Excellent Value. The developers said that in January 08 the prices would go up 10 - 15%.

I have just looked at other websites and they are selling one bed appartments at the regency from £31.000...Whats that all about?

Cheers me dears

B

behappy

We are very interested in purchasing a 2 bedroom apartment at the Regency Beach development but, does anybody know of 2 bedroom apts being sold pre launch from 44000GBP? I have spoken to an agent who is quoting this amount for 86m2 but all the other websites I have found are quoting from 53000GBP for 106m2. Don't want to commit pre launch & then find that the smaller apts dont even exist.

If anybody can help would appreciate very much.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
P

propertastic

The units sizes of Regency Beach have changed over and over again since it was first launched.

Here are today's 'official' unit sizes:

Studio 43m2
One-Bed 53m2
One-Bed 63m2
Two-Bed 106m2
Three-Bed 126m2

To find out the final price, multiply the number of square metres in the apartment by the price/m2, which depends upon the floor:

Ground - 550m2
1st Floor - 500m2
2nd Floor - 525m2
3rd Floor - 550m2
4th Floor - 575m2

N

NICKY P

Can anybody tell me if the developer of regency beach has a bank guarantee

P

propertastic

Can anybody tell me if the developer of regency beach has a bank guarantee
I don't know that, but I can tell you that the developers are British with an office in Birmingham and all funds go straight to a UK lawyer, so you are in pretty safe hands when buying into this development.

Last edited:
A

awahee123

Banned
Regency

I don't think there is a bank guarantee with this development but if you need any further info you should contact the developer direct rather then go through any agent you may get a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.