Regency Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

What a big risk for shopping a big mall

There's a massive amount of development going on in this area around Regency Beach - Pyramids 2, Oasis Resort, Manta Resort (if it's ever finished),Royal Mirage (if it's ever started) and probably a few more that I don't know about. The area was only zoned for tourism earlier in the year and there are a lot of developers interested in affordable beachfront.

I have already been told that there's a shopping mall planned for the area. With around 2-3000 apartments coming online in this region around 2009, retailers and restauranteurs would be foolish to miss the opportunity of benefitting from this captive market.

Remember that if you buy into any of these resorts today, what's on the ground now is irrelevant. It's what's there when it's completed that matters.
What a big risk for a big shopping mall - there are still spaces on the prom in the centre of Hurghada so I do not see a large mall being sucessfull here or anywhere in Hurghada for the next 10 years.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
in my views IRAN AND IRAQ will be up and coming by that time I would emagine, so buy your land there early if your in it for the money. It will proberly start in about 5 years, so if you do this remember me I gave you the hint, I will be still in Hurghada by then and enjoying the hasstle free life.

P

propertastic

Not uncommon from agent sites to see pic of somewhere else - sometimes it due to a technical thing with page headings but it should be less misleading.

Noticed same thing on the new site being advertised by Peter and Nick - they show a heading picture on most pages also not directly related to the adverts.

I think that the general public is intelligent enough to work out what is part of a logo and what is an image from a particular development.

I don't think that many dating sites get angry clients complaining that the girl or guy they met wasn't the same one that was in the picture at the top of the site's home page! :)

P

propertastic

in my views IRAN AND IRAQ will be up and coming by that time I would emagine, so buy your land there early if your in it for the money. It will proberly start in about 5 years, so if you do this remember me I gave you the hint, I will be still in Hurghada by then and enjoying the hasstle free life.
I think it will take a bit longer for Iran and Iraq to get themselves sorted out - it's not that close to Europe in any case.

The reason I said Libya is because I read that one of the big Dubai developers - DAMAC or Emaar - can't remember which, accounced plans earlier this year to build a big resort on the Libyan coast.

The day Castro dies though, I'm on a plane to Havana!

D

dave99

Buses what buses.

Hello J4,

You are right,I have never been on a bus though I will definately give it a go next time.
I suppose because the taxis are so cheap to us we tend to spoil ourselves,however bus next time definately will give it a go even if it's only once lol.
Buses what buses. If you mean the local mini-buses they only run around the town area ans cost about 2.5p UK money that is) - and its a great experience if you can every find out where there going.

The only other buses I've seen is run by the El Gouna Bus Company which run between El Gouna and Hurghada primarily down the coast road which currently does not cover the new developments.

Most likely is that the developments will have to fund their own shuttle service or subsidised taxis.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Buses what buses. If you mean the local mini-buses they only run around the town area ans cost about 2.5p UK money that is) - and its a great experience if you can every find out where there going.

The only other buses I've seen is run by the El Gouna Bus Company which run between El Gouna and Hurghada primarily down the coast road which currently does not cover the new developments.

Most likely is that the developments will have to fund their own shuttle service or subsidised taxis.

Have I been ripped off we paid 10 pence on the bus(the little buses that take all the locals to there hotels to work and into town, you just stand in the middle of the carrageway and they pick you up) not the El Gouna Buses they charge 50 pence each person and have prices up on the bus

crombiestone

crombiestone

Actually we didn't lose money as we got in at the right time (and also went through a lot of blood, sweat and tears to reconstruct one of them).

As of 31 March we had tripled our money; currently we have only doubled it.

This reinforces the point that J4hurghada makes that knowing when and where to buy is only half the secret of how to make money from property - knowing your exit strategy - when to get out - is the second half.

Although I am often accused of over-hyping Hurghada, I will readily admit that the boom there is not going to last forever. I would estimate that there are three years left of rapid growth, a couple of years where prices level off, and then the market will probably be over-saturated and prices will fall.

By which time I will be off and heading for the next property hotspot being touted as 'the next Egypt'. I reckon Libya could be interesting as an outside bet.
Exactly my point .

Ramp up an area ,sell what you have and get out quick leaving the suckers behind with unsaleable property . Who cares about the economy of the country . Im alright Jack :rolleyes:

I think you have shown your true colours .

Said it before and Ill say it again Caveat Emptor

crombiestone

crombiestone

I think that the general public is intelligent enough to work out what is part of a logo and what is an image from a particular development.

I don't think that many dating sites get angry clients complaining that the girl or guy they met wasn't the same one that was in the picture at the top of the site's home page! :)
I must be lucky then because I got what was on the logo at the top of the page :D which was exactly as I expected

Why settle for second best ?

D

dave99

Big risk to buy before you see

Well, the prices in Regency Beach will certainly start increasing soon, so
I need to decide within the next weeks. I have not even been to Egypt so
far, but I intend to move there in 2008.

Do you think I can buy a studio there without visiting Hurghada?
In reality, people who visit the development do not know MUCH more
than those who just see pictures of it in Europe. What do you think?
Big risk to buy before you see - this development will be nowhere near complete by the time you are looking move out there to live.

You should consider looking for something to rent for a month or so, plenty of choice. Whta will you do when you live in Hurghada - lots of things to be considered, and it may well be better to consider NON-TOURIST developments as well.

P

propertastic

People are only suckers if they fail to do their homework properly. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people buying in Bulgaria at the moment, for example.

If they spent just an hour on the internet making a little research, then they would realize that they are going to lose by buying there now. But so many people don't and have only themselves to blame.

Property markets follow the same cycle in each territory.

Can you really say that the property boom in Spain over the past decade which has now ended has 'ruined' the Spanish economy? Hardly - it's the main reason why they've gone from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to being up there with the big boys now.

D

dave99

Tourist prices mate

Have I been ripped off we paid 10 pence on the bus(the little buses that take all the locals to there hotels to work and into town, you just stand in the middle of the carrageway and they pick you up) not the El Gouna Buses they charge 50 pence each person and have prices up on the bus
Tourist prices mate - locals pay 25 peastas - you should stop wearing shorts - put a big coat on next time.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
it must be that i am a woman need one of there black dresses with slits for eyes i think can always take it off when I hit the beach. lol.

crombiestone

crombiestone

People are only suckers if they fail to do their homework properly. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people buying in Bulgaria at the moment, for example.

If they spent just an hour on the internet making a little research, then they would realize that they are going to lose by buying there now. But so many people don't and have only themselves to blame.

Property markets follow the same cycle in each territory.

Can you really say that the property boom in Spain over the past decade which has now ended has 'ruined' the Spanish economy? Hardly - it's the main reason why they've gone from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to being up there with the big boys now.
People please take heed of the above statement . This man has no regard for clients who do not do their homework . Its therefore your fault after all if you believe what he tells you then it doesnt come to pass about Hurghada .

Caveat Emptor

P

propertastic

People please take heed of the above statement . This man has no regard for clients who do not do their homework . Its therefore your fault after all if you believe what he tells you then it doesnt come to pass about Hurghada .

Caveat Emptor
You're preaching to the converted, I'm afraid.

If anyone is reading this far into this thread, then they will have certainly done their homework and will be able to make their own decisions as to whether they want to invest in the market and how long they want to stay in it.

C

Con96

Maybe you can help.

Hi , I am a new member just registered but have been working on buying a property for the past 2-3 weeks. Now originally i decided on Sharm, where i have been for past 4 years. But investors are telling me to go for Hurghada. I have looked at lots and with not being there YET, i am confused. I have also looked at Sahl, but is it really worth the money paying for 1 bed when i can get a 2 bed apt in Hurhada. I have been advised to email you as you are not a developer and can help with a few queries. Hurghada village, Lotus Breeze, Palma resort on the road to el gouna, saras residence, nubia resort. We want a LARGE pool as my son loves the pool, we dont like the beach, but love to snorkel and boat trips. We will spend mainly winter months out there, and also as an investment where people will want to rent. Iwill go out end of Jan but ive spent hours on end looking at properties.

crombiestone

crombiestone

You're preaching to the converted, I'm afraid.

If anyone is reading this far into this thread, then they will have certainly done their homework and will be able to make their own decisions as to whether they want to invest in the market and how long they want to stay in it.
Oh well I'll not bother then :rolleyes:

Oh look above a new poster ;)

A

awahee123

Banned
Hurghada

Hi , I am a new member just registered but have been working on buying a property for the past 2-3 weeks. Now originally i decided on Sharm, where i have been for past 4 years. But investors are telling me to go for Hurghada. I have looked at lots and with not being there YET, i am confused. I have also looked at Sahl, but is it really worth the money paying for 1 bed when i can get a 2 bed apt in Hurhada. I have been advised to email you as you are not a developer and can help with a few queries. Hurghada village, Lotus Breeze, Palma resort on the road to el gouna, saras residence, nubia resort. We want a LARGE pool as my son loves the pool, we dont like the beach, but love to snorkel and boat trips. We will spend mainly winter months out there, and also as an investment where people will want to rent. Iwill go out end of Jan but ive spent hours on end looking at properties.

Hi there,

My advice would be to go out have a good look before you make your mind up.There is plenty of property for sale in Hurghada some of it isn't on any website,take time,don,t pick the first one you see.
You are bound to find something it's a question of if you will like Hurghada compared to Sharm.

D

dave99

Propertastic has a book and web-site

Propertastic has just produced a book and web-site on Hurghada when he was independant, however he is now an agent with a financial interest like many of the rest of us.

Sorry to have to tell you this but there will never be a single one stop shop that you can rely on. You will always have to see for your self and read between the lines on everything promotional.

One difference with propertastic is that I am more inclined to beleive what he is saying than many other agents. Another thing is that he has actually seen many (but not all) of the developments in Hurghada.

Before you go any further, make yopurself an even more detailed list of features and facilities together of what you really need from your apartment.

The big pool is actually already a BIG differentiator that will knock out many developments since most have small to medium pools.
Next totally reject any development that does not have an open aspect or large pool on the roof since most will be totally shaded most of the day during the winter months.
If not looking for beach activity totally discount anything near to the beach since you will be paying a premium price.
Premium resorts like Sahl Hasheesh and El Gouna are not worth the very high extra cost for those looking for good value rather than something "upmarket" - even though they are very nice.
Be very careful to check what is included in the basic price, very common for developers to miss off important things like air con, ceiling fans, kitchen units, etc.
Get a copy of the sample contract before you get "hooked" by the sales talk - if it is "not available" for any reason you will need to take a view on why that is so.
Be very wary of anything that is not freely offered by the agent in an attempt to help you make the best choice.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.