Refugio Agricola?

E

EricJ

Hi all,

This is my first post here.

My partner and I are hoping to buy a property in Catalonia. We have found a little finca that suits us perfectly. We're aware that there are lots of pitfalls with buying property in Spain, so have done a good amount of reading around the subject, but this is a new one on us.
We have a copy of the escritura and it refers to the property as a "refugio agricola". I've tried searching and can't find out what this means in practical terms. Does it mean there are restrictions on the use of the building? I assume a refugio means that it can be used for sleeping in, at least, but would like to know if there is anything else pertinent in that phrase, before going ahead with an offer.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

L

Lysos

Rather than relying on what members of the forum might or might not know, you should take legal advice before making an offer on any property.

E

EricJ

Rather than relying on what members of the forum might or might not know, you should take legal advice before making an offer on any property.
Well, of course we would do that, but it does makes sense to ask others who may have experience of note. If this property should be immediately disregarded, then there is no need incurring the costs associated with a solicitor.