Red Sea Residencia - Arabia Beach - Construction Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leo en Manon

Hello Dave , Janice, Gordies...

Implementation is not difficult... We would need one ADSL connection on lets say the ground floor.. security office or a communal room would be best I think... and one Wireless router maybe one with a booster to reach te upper floors.. (otherwise repeaters will have to be used) most laptop computers have build in wireless receivers, orherwise a PCMCIA card can be inserted or even a USB wireless receiver.. The wireless network can be secured by a password known only by Red Sea Residencia owners.

Since we all will be there 1,2 or 3 weeks at a time it seems a waist to have ADSL installed and not being able to use it most of the year...

If have done some browsing and found one or two ISP's which offer ADSL in hurghada.... If there are more owners interested, we can opt for a subscription with reasonal bandwidth so using the internet simultaneously will not be a problem

five months to go :)

G

gordies

Adsl

count me in, I am an I.T. engineer so can source reliable kit and would recommend a max range wireless router. Contrary to popular opinion it is actually better to have the wireless router as high up as possible so if there are any workable suggestions where it could be placed half way up the building somewhere? If not feasible then access points could be utilised.

Is it too late to run network cable to all the apartments maybe down the light shafts and then it is a matter of having a switch to distribute the signal?

Just a thought.

Gordie

L

Leo en Manon

count me in, I am an I.T. engineer so can source reliable kit and would recommend a max range wireless router. Contrary to popular opinion it is actually better to have the wireless router as high up as possible so if there are any workable suggestions where it could be placed half way up the building somewhere? If not feasible then access points could be utilised.

Is it too late to run network cable to all the apartments maybe down the light shafts and then it is a matter of having a switch to distribute the signal?

Just a thought.

Gordie

Hello Gordie

GREAT!! I am in IT myself and can help if neccesary... I agree that the wireless router can best be placed as high as possible but is there a communal room on the top floor to have it installed there... If the router needs to be reset at some point (due to a power dip or something else) it needs to be accessible.. So to have it inside one of the apartments is not the best I think

Cables down the light shafst sound like a good alternative..

regards

Leo

D

dave99

IT experts - what a turnup

Hello Gordie

GREAT!! I am in IT myself and can help if neccesary... I agree that the wireless router can best be placed as high as possible but is there a communal room on the top floor to have it installed there... If the router needs to be reset at some point (due to a power dip or something else) it needs to be accessible.. So to have it inside one of the apartments is not the best I think

Cables down the light shafst sound like a good alternative..
regards

Leo
Gordon

Maybe you can have chat with my partner when you're on-site and suggest things.
At the moment we are using the personal mobile service, but a shared system would be good if it's easy to do.
Not sure that we can get cables in at this stage, but depends of what's needed.

G

gordies

internet lifeline

I will have a look in October. If we had though about it in advance then the whole building could have been networked during construction.

However, nowadays there are high gain aerials and wide range wireless routers and with access points at about £25 a go then I am sure there is a workable solution.

I too will be lost with my outside world as I rely on it and use it every day.

Only 9 weeks to go and I will be on my way - yippeeeee !!

Gordon

L

Leo en Manon

I will have a look in October. If we had though about it in advance then the whole building could have been networked during construction.

However, nowadays there are high gain aerials and wide range wireless routers and with access points at about £25 a go then I am sure there is a workable solution.

I too will be lost with my outside world as I rely on it and use it every day.

Only 9 weeks to go and I will be on my way - yippeeeee !!

Gordon
Hello Gordon Nigel and Janice

I asume you are also interested Nigel? so we have four participants already?

@ Gordon and Nigel.. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know (won't be in hurghada until decemer though :eek: )

Last edited:
L

Leo en Manon

Toughts about furniture etc

Hello all,

The D date of december is getting closer and closer:D,....and the closer is gets, the more think about the interior...

Do you all have the same experience?

I have been decorating the appartment more then a 100 times already. :eek:

Dave 99 (Nigel for us, ;)) has been looking at some furniturepacks already. Have you done so too??

Please share you're experience on this.

cheers Manon (from Leo&Manon)

PS Gordon, are you going (window)shopping in October?? Will you let us know?

T

thompsonsom

hi

we to are thinking what furniture we will need and at what cost. We are hoping to go out in october and have a look and price up but in the meantime i have been following other peoples posts on the furniture link.

janice

L

Leo en Manon

hi

we to are thinking what furniture we will need and at what cost. We are hoping to go out in october and have a look and price up but in the meantime i have been following other peoples posts on the furniture link.

janice
hi janice, so did i but there are some many stores mentioned, i think you really need to go to check them out.

i informed on the furniture thread about coton but everybody (mostly uk people)advised to take it from home, strange because egypt has the best coton in the world....

nigel also mentioned he was working on the furniture packages.

unfortunately we are not able to come over soner then december.

manon

L

Lsab

Hi Manon,

Like Queenie I found that the cotton sold in Egypt is not of a very good quality. Egyptian cotton is said to be the best in the world but I'm guessing that the good stuff all goes for export!

L

Leo en Manon

Hi Manon,

Like Queenie I found that the cotton sold in Egypt is not of a very good quality. Egyptian cotton is said to be the best in the world but I'm guessing that the good stuff all goes for export!
hi lsab,

yes you are right. this means taking a lot of kilo's extra weight the first trips to get the goods to hurghada ;)

D

dave99

Wireless networking

Hello Gordon Nigel and Janice

I asume you are also interested Nigel? so we have four participants already?

@ Gordon and Nigel.. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know (won't be in hurghada until decemer though :eek: )
Going wireless should be the best solution, even if we have repeaters or something.

There will be some wiring I think but not sure how suitable for internet.

D

dave99

On the look out for cotton !!!

hi lsab,

yes you are right. this means taking a lot of kilo's extra weight the first trips to get the goods to hurghada ;)
I'll get my wife to have a look around in a few weeks time when we are there.

She likes to shop.

L

Leo en Manon

So,....

I'll get my wife to have a look around in a few weeks time when we are there.

She likes to shop.

so,... we could ask her to be our personal shopper ;), cool I never had that!!

cheers Manon

D

dave99

Shopping list - start here

so,... we could ask her to be our personal shopper ;), cool I never had that!!

cheers Manon
Hi Manon

Could be that Anne (my wife) will need something to do whilst I'm away working, so if you have a sort of shopping list maybe she could start looking in the shops (and NOT spend all our money).

T

thompsonsom

Hi Nigel

where's the picture of the kitchen then?

janice

T

thompsonsom

looking at the pictures nigel, it is named as tiles bathroom 2 and compared to the other picture above that is also named the same.

janice

Status
Not open for further replies.