Red Sea Pearl, Sunset and Isis development

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scubadoo

Hi All,

I am buying a 1 bedroom penthouse on the Red Sea Pearl Development, Sahl Hasheesh through DPC International/Worldwide Destinations. I was wondering if there is anyone else on the forum who has done the same and if they have done a recent inspection visit.
I am planning an inspection visit but I am unable to get there until January so I was wondering if anyone had an update on the development.

L

Lsab

The Pearl Sahl Hasheesh

We're looking into buying a 1 bed (top floor) here - £65,000, give or take a few pounds. After reading all the brilliant info on this site I think that Sahl Hasheesh is what we want but I'm not sure if this development is overpriced.
I'd very much appreciate any comments.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
S

scubadoo

As you know I am purchasing an apartment on Red Sea Pearl, I have paid the 10% reservation fee and I am due to pay 30% at the end of January, at this stage I am due to sign the contract and return it to DPC International. Once the contracts are signed and the 30% is received I am given membership to Lifetime Lawyer, which I suppose will cover all my legal costs for the conveyancing on the property, this I suppose will be carried out by an appointed Egyptian Lawyer.

I have appointed a UK solicitor to look over the contracts prior to signing them and they have raised several points (most of which are minor) to which DPC International and Worldwide Destinations have answered by e.mail, but they have not changed the contract to suit. I am going to forward the responses back to my Solicitor for comment, but I was wondering how important this contract is and if anyone has had their contract looked at by a solicitor in the UK prior to signing.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Scuba - I have not shown mine to UK lawyer yet. Can you give us an idea of what the lawyers in UK are charging please.

Thanks

Queenie.

S

scubadoo

Hi Scuba - I have not shown mine to UK lawyer yet. Can you give us an idea of what the lawyers in UK are charging please.

Thanks

Queenie.
Hi Queenie, my solicitor is charging me around £250 1 and a quarter hours of her time. :eek:

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi i have a UK solicitor looking to buy one on Sunset Pearl and i provided a copy of the contract prior to us going any further with discussions. She raised several questions and scribbled all over the contract however most of the queries were due to translation problems. Other than this she was happy and she is a commercial lawyer. I have not yet had the amended copy through but i have been assured it is on its way. Once i receive it and my client gives it the thumbs up i will let you all know.

Regards,

Neil.

Ps: I am looking into the Lifetime Lawyer and will let you know.

Last edited:
D

dave99

Contract signed before lawyer check ???

Thanks Rivermead, I am sure everything will be ok with the contract, but as you know legal issues can be a minefield. I suppose the nitty gritty starts when this contract is signed and the lawyer appointed by Lifetime Lawyer gets started on the actual conveyancing of the property.
Why are you signing BEFORE yu have lawyer check out everything - no idea whether there is a risk or not - just interested in the principal.

Also what do you think will be involved in the "conveyancing",

A

awahee123

Banned
The lifetime lawyer thing may be a good thing I don't know.
But as Dave99 states what good is a lawyer once you have signed on the dotted line he can hardly advise you of your purchase or contract then.
So it's just worth doing your homework before you enter into these type of contracts.

S

scubadoo

Please take a look at what I have written, I have a UK solicitor looking at the contract before I sign it. Once the contract has been signed and I pay my 30% I then get the Lifetime Lawyer membership, for I suppose an Egyptian Lawyer to sort out the legals. I see conveyancing as all the normal things that a solicitor does in the UK when you by property.

There must be other people in the same position as me, so I was asking for advice, rest assured no contract will be signed until my UK solicitor is happy with it.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Yes, I have seen that Neil it looks very good. I have also got some up to date pictures of RSP and Sahl Hasheesh that I took a 2 weeks ago, I will get them posted over the weekend.
Look forward to seeing them, i am going over next Friday and will also take some pictures.

B

BobandJacq

Hi Scubadoo

Lovely pictures Sahl is starting to look great if still a little deserted.

Did you take any photos of Sunset Pearl / Red Sea Pearl whilst you were there? We would love to see them if you did. How is the development coming on? Can you tell where it is in relation to the Pyramisa Hotel - we checked it out on Google Earth but can't find it perhaps building hadn't started when this was last updated.

Thanks

Bob and Jacqui

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

SP is supposed to be finished before RSP.

Last edited:
S

scubadoo

Thanks Scubadoo

Didn't think to look at the page before!! Are there any shops or restaurants open in Sahl yet?

Bob and Jacqui
There are no shops or restaurants open yet, I still think it will be some time before this happens, the whole place is still very much a building site.

K

kitty

Red Sea Pearl Development

Can give info on the pearl development,what the area like and anyone bought of Worldwide Developments (WWD) , anyone investing in this?
any help positive / negative appreciated
bombers

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Bombers - have you searched the threads as there are a few named Pearl on here?
Do you know the exact name?

K

kitty

hi queenie
the pearl of sahl hasheesh is the name from what i have seen so far

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Bombers

I have merged your thread with this one as it sounds like the one.

Regards

Alison

K

kitty

thanks alot, i know the development has 177 different housing (studios to villas) has anyone had any dealing with developers and i think site is few hundred meters from beach above middle golf course in sahl hasheesh, any idea travel time or route from ireland !

thanks in advance
brian

queenie40something

queenie40something

thanks alot, i know the development has 177 different housing (studios to villas) has anyone had any dealing with developers and i think site is few hundred meters from beach above middle golf course in sahl hasheesh, any idea travel time or route from ireland !

thanks in advance
brian
Hi Brian your welcome.

Look on this thread as there have been discussions about flying from Ireland

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/5847-low-cost-flights-hurghada.html

and this one as well

http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6048-short-stay-hurghada-best-most-cost-effective-route.html

Regards

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.