Red Sea Pearl, Sunset and Isis development

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamo9760

just returned from egypt.took a visit to the apartments,progress seems ok since the last time were there.we were informed by jeff scott of WWD,that the kitchens are now being changed.they are not going to be the ones in the show apartment.they had the new kitchen on site in the show apartment,but it was not installed.the existing good quality one was still installed.the new one which is to fitted is of poor quality compared to the one which is now fitted.has anyone else been informed of these changes.why should we now have to except cheaper quality items for the same money.will get some photos posted once we get sorted.

queenie40something

queenie40something

H Demon and welcome home - hope you had a great time. That is a bit underhand isnt it, very unfair and doesnt seem right at all. How can they put a nice good quality kitchen into a showroom and then decide to change it and put inferior ones into the apartments people have bought???

J

jamo9760

H Demon and welcome home - hope you had a great time. That is a bit underhand isnt it, very unfair and doesnt seem right at all. How can they put a nice good quality kitchen into a showroom and then decide to change it and put inferior ones into the apartments people have bought???
this is what we have said,it seems wwd can do what they like whenever they like.no one seems to be interested in the customer.i have photos of this cheaper kitchen,i will post them for people to look at.they are also plain white?totally different to the show flat.have been down this road before with show flats.show you one thing but give you something different.

C

CMChris

Jeff Scott told us that the top man at WWD had seen the show room kitchen and decided he didn't like it so it was to be changed, to what I don't know. Maybe WWD should contact the 'owners' and see if we like what they're going to be putting into our appartments. Demon, if you could send me the pictures of the new kitchen I'll certainly contact WWD. I do have pictures of the 'original' kitchen units too.

J

jamo9760

Jeff Scott told us that the top man at WWD had seen the show room kitchen and decided he didn't like it so it was to be changed, to what I don't know. Maybe WWD should contact the 'owners' and see if we like what they're going to be putting into our appartments. Demon, if you could send me the pictures of the new kitchen I'll certainly contact WWD. I do have pictures of the 'original' kitchen units too.
yes no probs with the photos,will send them during the week,need to un pack and do all the usual rubbish,:(following a holiday.

queenie40something

queenie40something

How can one man decide that because he now has changed his mind and dont like the kitchen he will change it to a cheaper one?? Costs spring to mind and not personal taste? I really feel for you as I believe a kitchen is one of the most important areas and along with the bed suffer the most wear and tear. I think you have a case on your hands. Did the topman at WWD not see the kitchen / plans / design before the buyers? I have nothing againt white - my kitchen at home is white but of good quality with a high gloss finish that is hard wearing, easy to clean. We have had ours for a good 12 yrs and along with the worktops looks relatively modern and nothing wrong with it - because we got what we paid for and it wasnt cheap. Personally if you are all not happy you should all get together on this. We bought ours basically as a shell without the furniture package or kitchen and just with wc and shower. I know that if I decided to go with one that had a kitchen and paid extra for this I would certainly expect to get what I saw, liked and chose. I really do hope that this is sorted for you and please keep us updated as this could also be a learning kerb for others xx

J

jamo9760

How can one man decide that because he now has changed his mind and dont like the kitchen he will change it to a cheaper one?? Costs spring to mind and not personal taste? I really feel for you as I believe a kitchen is one of the most important areas and along with the bed suffer the most wear and tear. I think you have a case on your hands. Did the topman at WWD not see the kitchen / plans / design before the buyers? I have nothing againt white - my kitchen at home is white but of good quality with a high gloss finish that is hard wearing, easy to clean. We have had ours for a good 12 yrs and along with the worktops looks relatively modern and nothing wrong with it - because we got what we paid for and it wasnt cheap. Personally if you are all not happy you should all get together on this. We bought ours basically as a shell without the furniture package or kitchen and just with wc and shower. I know that if I decided to go with one that had a kitchen and paid extra for this I would certainly expect to get what I saw, liked and chose. I really do hope that this is sorted for you and please keep us updated as this could also be a learning kerb for others xx
thanks for your support,it seems you are never able to speak to the person who decides what is what at WWD.all you get is a promise they will find out and phone you back.or the most common one is all managers are in a meeting all day.i have 2 propertys with this company and have had similar problems with that place(thats a totally different story an thread)lets see what monday/tuesday brings.my main concern is the quality issue.sunset pearl is not a cheap place to purchase,so fitting cheap goods is no option.and i can assure you ,the new kitchen is nowhere near the quality of the one which is already installed.

J

jamo9760

thanks for your support,it seems you are never able to speak to the person who decides what is what at WWD.all you get is a promise they will find out and phone you back.or the most common one is all managers are in a meeting all day.i have 2 propertys with this company and have had similar problems with that place(thats a totally different story an thread)lets see what monday/tuesday brings.my main concern is the quality issue.sunset pearl is not a cheap place to purchase,so fitting cheap goods is no option.and i can assure you ,the new kitchen is nowhere near the quality of the one which is already installed.
i have contacted WWD regarding this issue,no one has got back with a full answer.all i was told was they were of the same quality.this i know is not true.:mad:

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Demondiver - there certainly seems to be a lack of communication and you are not getting any answers. I think I am fortunate as the Sierra developer answers my emails in full and most of the time the same day.
Hope you get this sorted x

F

flip

Is the roumour I heard that DPC International have gone under true?

J

jamo9760

Hi Demondiver - there certainly seems to be a lack of communication and you are not getting any answers. I think I am fortunate as the Sierra developer answers my emails in full and most of the time the same day.
Hope you get this sorted x
its like banging your head up the wall.still no answers after 2 weeks,what chance do we have.

J

jamo9760

seems all people have properties in Pearl projects including you selling so why you all selling?:confused:
already have one completed at desert pearl,thinking of moving to egypt in the near future,so dont need the additional apartment.was going to live in one and rent the other one out.change of thinking.fancy seeing what the world has to offer,knowing we have a place still in the sun.:)

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi - what documents would a purchaser need to see when buying a property?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks both!
Neil - it would be re sale.
If it was on Sunset Pearl you would need to get a copy of the contract from the seller for your solicitor to see and then as long as everything was ok he would do a re-assignment agreement. You would then take over the contracts and carry on dealing with WWD as the developers. I hope this helps, let me know if you need any further advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.