Red Sea Pearl, Sunset and Isis development

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pura

Hi Chris,

We did use the dive centre and we found it very frendly and helpfull. We enjoyed doing half days from the beach front and not the full day due to catching a boat from another hotel which ment we had to get up early and getting back at 5 o'clock in the evening because the hotel beach could only operate a small boat due to the water being very shallow.

Chris and Pura

C

Cappy

Has anyone completed yet and if so did you use the offer of the solicitor through the developers and how did everything go? Any hints or tips for along the final purchase journey will be most welcome.

C

CMChris

We've just made the final payment and not too sure what happens from here though. Nagi did tell us that he would be registering everything in a year and that he would assist us to do so. Having read some very bad things about the solicitors Pyramisa are offering free I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen 1st before I decide the next move.

C

Cappy

Hi chris,

This is a concern, i know the registration works very differently in Egypt and obviously you will want it registered in your name but why is there a wait for 1 year? i presume the registration tax is not paid until this time but what about the vat in new build properties is this already included in the price? and there is also the transfer tax (3% in Egypt, unless this is the vat).

don't want to put the gummies on but if you have paid for the property it shouldn't be hidden under the carpet and surely you will want it to be registered.

C

CMChris

HI Cappy,
I'm not worried at all. It will all come good and the registration can't be done until the complex is completed. So for now its just sit back and wait for that time. I'm busy packing parcels for my daughter and baking so that's keeping my mind off Egypt for now. I really don't think there is anything to worry about with Pyramisa in control.

C

Cappy

I also have more faith and peace of mind now Pyramisa are in control. Have you used their lawyers MEPT or your own and in either case i presume it can not be finalised as the resort is not yet certificated as it is all not completed. what have the solicitors said about this?

J

jamo9760

Hi everyone,been months since i was on here,and i agree with you all.The purchase of our apartment is going along great since Pyramisa took over.Looking forward to relaxing days around the pool and on the beach.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all glad its all going well for you all and looking forward to all your updates x

T

tstbubbles

Just had a load of pics through kindly taken by Lady Mukk of my apartment. The progress on Sunset Pearl is great and I am delighted. The complex is almost ready and I cant wait to be out there. The list of friends and family wanting to go out is ever growing :)

C

Cappy

hi bubble,
don't suppose you want to share & post those photos to keep us all excited?

C

Cappy

Thanks tstbubbles,
can you tell me 'is that an Eskimo' in the last picture on the right?:D
After all Egypt is renowned for getting mighty cold :)

T

tstbubbles

Thanks tstbubbles,
can you tell me 'is that an Eskimo' in the last picture on the right?:D
After all Egypt is renowned for getting mighty cold :)
Eskimo!!! I will have you know that is my personal butler :D

N

nazab

Sunset Pearl Owners free to rent out their apartments

I've just checked the new contract and there is no mention of rental restrictions. I know that if you go with the furniture packs by Pyramisa they are offering to sort rentals for you. Nagi did ask if we were going to rent and we said probably not but that if we did we'd go with Well Placed and he just nodded
Dear All, nothing in the new contract from Pyramisa hinders the owner of the apartment from renting it out through any agent or channel of his choice . This is logical and goes without saying. so nothing to worry about.

For the maintenance charge, yes it was a typing mistake and has been rectified on the contracts to be in Euros instead of GBP.

C

Cappy

Hi to all soon to be owners,

now completion is round the corner I would like to ask who is using what solicitor - UK based or Egyptian?

obviously united lawyers who were initially representing many from the beginning are no longer available and it is up to each individual to use their own legal representative and pyramisa have kindly recommended their own. Pyramisa (nagi) have been very coherent since the demise of wwd but i would myself have better peace of mind using an independent lawyer for obvious reasons.

I have spoken to several uk based lawyers who deal with Egypt and one of which i especially feel assured of, details of which have been posted on another forum by a client in hurghada for those who may have seen it alraedy.

after speaking to her she is willing to act on our behalf as a a group and therefore the cost will be divided by all those being represented. As much of the legalities can be done as one and little as an individual case (apartment numbers etc) she can either check legals from the start (where united lawyers began with land titles etc) or just from the completion stages. Both the beginning and the completion stage can be generally done as a whole (thus splitting the costs) and even the registration in the court further down the line can be done as a whole group only with individual owners details (again keeping costs to a minimum rather than each person having to bear all/whole costs themselves).

so instead of all paying individual expense we can work as a group and have the one cost split (for example say between 20 people) plus the little additional cost for the time to enter individual details where necessary. also, it will help pyramisa's legals as they only have to work with one representative acting for behalf of a group.

Anyone who may be interested please let me know and i will pass on the solicitors details for you to contact her and she can explain in more detail. or if requested i will post details on here for anyone to contact her and indicate their interest. she needs to know the numbers interested.

The more the better!

regards.

T

tstbubbles

Sahl Update

Just got back from Sahl Hasheesh and what a lot of work has been going on there! *Waves to Elaine and Christine who I finally managed to meet*

On Sunset Pearl (Pyramisa) the apartments are fantastic, the build quality and finish are excellent and they are really moving everything forward with incredible speed especially considering it's Ramadan. There were loads of builders everywhere and the pool umbrellas are now up. The pool bar area is now up and has a thatched roof and the club house is moving along nicely too. We were assured that once the feast is over thee will be a huge push to complete Sunset and I for one cannot wait to see it fully open, it looks amasing and I am so glad we bought there.

Cleopatra is well advanced but not as far developed at Sunset yet.

They were finishing the stone walling around the golf course and there are so many palm trees everywhere it made me dizzy. Not sure when it's due to open yet though.

The shops along the "old town" were all being worked on at night and the new divers hotel next to Pyramisa was coming along nicely too.

Fantinis was such a lovely welcoming place to eat and while away an hour or two so highly recommended.

We found a fantastic taxi driver - Sameh (Sammy) who took us out and about with the patience of a saint in and around hurghada on furniture hunting trips. He speak fantastic English and is married to a fellow brit Linda. His prices are very competetive, he doesnt drive like a maniac, he's reliable and a really nice guy, so if you need a taxi in Hurghada, sahl, Makadi bay etc hes well worth ringing. His mobile is 0102931900 or home number 0653462609. If anyone is interested I have his permission to post his fees for a variety of places.

I have some great new furniture contacts which I will post as soon as I can along with some new pics.

Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.