Recommended areas on Silver Coast

R

raul

Hi Friends,
My family is looking to purchase a holiday villa abroad and Portugal is a destination we have loved for many years. We have always stayed near Albufeira in the Algarve however lately I am finding it harder to see the town we fell in love with 20 years ago as it seems to be disappearing into a building site / Nightclub! I have heard that the Silver Coast is now a good place to start looking as it is much like the Algarve was 10 - 15 years ago and I wondered if anyone could recommend some places to consider.

One of the places I am looking at is just off Santa Cruise beach - does anyone live near that area? I am traveling to Portugal in a couple of weeks and would really appreciate any advice.
Many Thanks

Q

quentin

Hey Raul
There are quite a few people on here who are up in the Silver Coast. We bought in the Western Algarve and just love it, as I know exactly what you mean about Albufeira and some of the spots down on the southern part of the Algarve.

The Western Algarve is also worth a look, and prices are much more reasonable than in the Golden Triangle area by the golf courses and the scenery is wonderful. A bit on the breezy side, but that is good to keep the heat off you.

I wish you luck and I am sure one of our Silver Coast people will be back to you.

Regards

A

Agatalina

Portuguese Constructor in Salir do Porto (Silver Coast)

Hello!

Santos Dionísio&Filhos, Lda. is a Portuguese construction company building houses for people from different countries whose dream is to live or spend holidays in Portugal.

Our website ... SANTOS DIONÍSIO & FILHOS - LDA ... shows our constructions in Salir do Porto (Silver Coast)

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Agata Matias
Santos Dionisio&Filhos, Lda

V

Villas Luz Lda

Silver Coast properties

Hi there,

if you are looking for a property in the Silver Coast - seaside or countryside - please contact the Portuguese government licensed real estate agency Villas Luz, Lda.

You can visit our website, but the site is actually under modernization (will be finished end of March 2007) and you will not find a lot of properties regarding the Silver Coast there, but at least you will have our direct contact details.
We have more than 300 properties in our portfolio and it would be a pleasure for us to send you the details by E-Mail.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

www.villasluz.com

M

maria

Silver Cost Property for Sale

Hi there,

If you are looking for property in the Silver coast, please make sure to buy from licenced agents. These will have an AMI number.

If you want to find out about agents, please contact

[email protected]

omostra06

omostra06

i would agree only buy from licensed estate agents in Portugal.

M

Magellan

at least with estate agents you should (theoretically) know the fees up front

V

Vitor Mota

Hi there, i have a real estate right here in center of portugal...and i belive i can help you in finding the house you´re looking for with the best views...upon the montains or near the river.
my number is +351 968992425

thanks for choosing Portugal

O

OwnerInvest

Investment in Portugal

Would anyone agree that the Algarve is fast becoming like the Costa del Sol?

The Algarve has a great infrastructure but it has been very built up with extensive tourism.

If you looking for an investment property would you not look at areas that are like the Algarve/Costa del Sol was 20-30 years ago, giving you the opportunity to be in areas with virgin beaches, more tranquility and less construction but well connected to other areas of Portugal such as Lisbon, enabling you to attract tourism allowing you to rent your property while it is not being used?

The Costa Azul area is 30KM away from Lisbon and is a beautiful cosmopolitan city, being the capital of Portugal.

Not trying to tell you what to do but giving you "food for thought" so you can see this from a different perspective, however, if this property is for your own use then it is a different kettle of fish altogether, many other options need to be considered when buying property as a home for yourself all year round.

Good luck with your decision on choosing an area and a property that is right for you and if you need any help, give us a call on freephone 0800 048 0712.

S

Soares22

I agree the Algarve is no longuer the true Portugal, you'll find in the Silver Coast Region that felling of the real Portugal. try the areas around lourinhã, areia branca beach, Obidos,Praia del Rey.

P

PRS - Andrew

Sao Martinho do Porto on the Silver Coast is my favorite place. The bay is just so picturestic and it's developing fast. I would say it's the best from both worlds. Lifestyle and investment.
If you find that this is the place for you have a look at leisure launch developments it's the best you will get.