Recommendations for Brazilian based property lawyers for due diligence

J

Joanna Bates

Hi All,

I am a first-time investor in Brazil. I am considering purchasing land in Reserva da Praia - Beachfront Lots. I would be grateful for any feedback from those who have considered this development, or who can recommend a reputable Brazilian legal firm to carry out due diligence. Information on foreign investment company formation would also be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Are you based in the UK? Maybe your UK bank has contacts (or even branches) over there? You may pay a few pounds extra but surely worth it if they can recommend someone?

R

realdeals

I would consider using a UK bank with branches/partners in Brazil. That way there will be no language issues and you will be dealing with a company that has feet on the ground so to speak.

B

bernetec

It would be nice to find people who have done business in Brazil. Even if this business doesn't concern the subject of your investment, someone else's experience can be useful. I was so lucky once with a law office in Australia. My younger brother was trying to resolve the issue of property division with his Australian ex-wife. Later, when I needed to clarify details about taxation in Australia, these same people were also helpful to me. Brother accidentally found a business card https://bsmlaw.com.au/sydney-lawyers/. It's been five years since his failed marriage, but the demand for legal services is still high, haha.

Last edited: