Real Estate Investment in 2016

J

jessmatt

Will it be fruitful to invest in an apartment in 2016?

N

nmb

I also think you need to take into account the local economy and indeed the worldwide economy. We currently live in very volatile economic times with the Chinese economy in particular going through a difficult period. As we saw with the 2008 US mortgage crisis, issues in another country can impact investor confidence and economic growth.

Amit Sen

Amit Sen

Yes. Investing in luxury real estate in Mumbai is a very good idea in the year 2016 because there is a lot of unsold inventory and a small price correction has happened. If you have the money, now is the right time to snap up great deals!

P

PropEx

Yes. Investing in luxury real estate in Mumbai is a very good idea in the year 2016 because there is a lot of unsold inventory and a small price correction has happened. If you have the money, now is the right time to snap up great deals!
Any idea of how long it will take to sell aforementioned inventory?

V

vipulshah1

Hi There, I am new here, i am very glad that i am part of this community. Now i would have shared some my knowledge.

akruti_rai

akruti_rai

Definitely yes! if you are talking about the real estate sector of India, due to new government policies and the RBI(Reserve bank of India) rules. Positive change has taken over in this sector and many people are now able to lookout for having their own piece of land! India is a developing country as many know so there is still lot of scope for real estate here. Go for it!

P

PropEx

Definitely yes! if you are talking about the real estate sector of India, due to new government policies and the RBI(Reserve bank of India) rules. Positive change has taken over in this sector and many people are now able to lookout for having their own piece of land! India is a developing country as many know so there is still lot of scope for real estate here. Go for it!
Any idea on the yield and capital appreciation(in general terms)?

S

swathisharan

I hope this would be one of the best year to invest in india as every year the prices are rising up.

K

Keithgk12

Will it be fruitful to invest in an apartment in 2016?
RealEstate, in general, is always good to invest in. having said that if you really want to go the extra mile make a research in your region to see what they are looking for mostly.

R

Ritu Mehta

Buying a home is in everyone’s wishlist and this investment involves financial planning and strategy. If you are planning to buy a property in the year 2016 ensure that that you make a smart choice and not a hurried one.

Indian real estate sector has been sluggish for a few years but is expected to make a turnaround in 2016. Experts believe that the sector is expected to record increase in sales and a reduction in unsold inventories. They believe the government initiatives announced this year will give a push to the sector and reinstate investor confidence.

The RBI has cut rates by 125 basis points in 2015 and both the developers and buyers expect to see the transmission of these lower rates to consumers in 2016.If you are planning to invest in real estate in the new year then the buyer should keep in mind certain points as the market has multiple choices to offer.

“It is important for a buyer to get a detailed information on the shortlisted projects including the builder type, locality, to name a few. As a buyer you must not get lured by freebies and discounts that are being offered all around and rather check all the legal documents thoroughly and carefully.

N

nmb

I read recently that there are in excess of 1 million unsold apartments across India's three largest cities. How long might this overhang of properties impact growth in property prices?