ad

Real Estate Developer Leads

K

Karl2016

I have over 10,000 Real Estate leads (Developers leads ) which are potential buyers inquiring about new flats for sale. The list includes names, phone numbers and emails and are between 1 month to 3 years old.

I have 3 questions:

1. How much do real estate companies or agents pay for these type of leads? I have seen some lead generation websites charge between GBP 40 - 60 for more refined leads but I do not want to do the work to refine them further.

2. Since they are already leads that inquired about new apartments for sale what is the industry average for converting these type of leads to actual sales?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Karl,

A rough industry price for a fully (phone) qualified lead having been introduced to that particular produce is around £25/lead £40-60 is way too high and I've not heard of them costing this much. This obviously takes a lot more work as you'll need to get an instruction from an agent and then work through calling the leads introducing the agents products. That is why these leads are so expensive...

Google AdWords generates leads for agents for around £10-15 per lead as another example of how agents gather leads.

The "trouble" with your list is it's generic and not inquiries for a certain agents product so it will be worth considerably less. Do you also have permission from the people on this list to be passed to other agents? You have to be careful of CANN-SPAM laws as to whether you are actually allowed to sell on this list at all without further qualifying it yourself...

I think the conversion rates differ substantially depending on the product the inquiries are for... London with a 10% yield will give a massive response (as it would be gold dust!) but a flat in the depths of Wales at 4% would hardly get any inquires or sales thereafter...

I'd suggest that to get sales from your list an agent would have to do a considerable amount of work to generate sales and people don't usually reply until they've been "marketed to" 4-5 times.

Not to sound negative but it's not necessarily the gold mine list you think you may have as all the value comes from the hard work qualifying it ;)

K

Karl2016

Hi Karl,

A rough industry price for a fully (phone) qualified lead having been introduced to that particular produce is around £25/lead £40-60 is way too high and I've not heard of them costing this much. This obviously takes a lot more work as you'll need to get an instruction from an agent and then work through calling the leads introducing the agents products. That is why these leads are so expensive...

Google AdWords generates leads for agents for around £10-15 per lead as another example of how agents gather leads.

The "trouble" with your list is it's generic and not inquiries for a certain agents product so it will be worth considerably less. Do you also have permission from the people on this list to be passed to other agents? You have to be careful of CANN-SPAM laws as to whether you are actually allowed to sell on this list at all without further qualifying it yourself...

I think the conversion rates differ substantially depending on the product the inquiries are for... London with a 10% yield will give a massive response (as it would be gold dust!) but a flat in the depths of Wales at 4% would hardly get any inquires or sales thereafter...

I'd suggest that to get sales from your list an agent would have to do a considerable amount of work to generate sales and people don't usually reply until they've been "marketed to" 4-5 times.

Not to sound negative but it's not necessarily the gold mine list you think you may have as all the value comes from the hard work qualifying it ;)
Thanks for your reply. Just to add a point - the leads are not totally generic , they are specific to 2 real estate projects in 2 high profile neighbourhoods.

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
Thanks for your reply. Just to add a point - the leads are not totally generic , they are specific to 2 real estate projects in 2 high profile neighbourhoods.
If they are location and project-type specific then that would make them more attractive to agents in that area. Having dealt with lists purchases myself, you will be asked to explain how the list was built, how recently it was built, how many times it has been sold (if you are planning to sell more than once),and as Nicholas says above... whether these people 'opted in' to receive information about these types of investment. If you don't have these permissions from the people on your list then any company you sold that list to would struggle to use it because of anti-spam regulations.