Ras Sudr

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Anyone been or heard of it.

Ras Sudr as a resort area about 60 kilometers south of the Ahmed Hamdi Tunnel. There are a number of private villas here. Anyone know what the prices are here?

See here for more info about the area Ras Sudr, City of in Egypt

Georgina

Georgina

Anyone been or heard of it.

Ras Sudr as an resort area about 60 kilometers south of the Ahmed Hamdi Tunnel. There are a number of private villas here. Anyone know what the prices are here?

See here for more info about the area Ras Sudr, City of in Egypt
One of my Egyptian friends with a villa in El Gouna had a villa in Ras Sudr and we drove there one weekend when he was trying to sell it. It was a lovely big villa set on three floors with a small garden and pool set in a horseshoe shape and then directly on the beach. The area had many developments of villas and apartments but when I was there, which must be more than two years ago now, I only saw Egyptians and no Europeans. So at least prices would be cheap.

But, one weekend was enough. All we did was stay in the villa. There was nowhere to go (unless he didn't want to take me). The beach is nice and you can see the massive cargo ships in the shipping lane in the far distance. It felt much colder than El Gouna being further north and without any heating (it was February) I was absolutely freezing and kept my jacket on all the time unless I was sitting in the sun. Next time I see my friend I will ask if he ever managed to sell the villa and how much for!

Certainly this area would appeal to people living in Cairo looking for a weekend break.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Georgina - I did think it was geared up for the Egyptians. As you so ideal as a bolt hole for them from Cairo.

Status
Not open for further replies.