Question about change name on Title Deeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BobbytheBuilder

I am thinking about transfering an Apartment I own in International City into one of my familys name.I am not selling it to them so will I have to still pay the 1.5% transfer fee,a reply would be great. I am not in Dubai and tried making phone calls to find out about this but you know what its like.

M

manishnarayan

Hi the answer to your question is yes, you will still need to pay the transfer/registration fees.

Regards

C

Canuck

Hi,

There is a transfer called "Gift Transfer" in the case where you want to change title to an immediate family member like brother sister mother father etc. In this case you dont have to pay 1.5% transfer fee but quarter of that percentage. I have done such a transfer a long time back so I forgot the details but the gift transfer can be applied and is costing much less than the standard transfer fee of title change.

You will need to go to the land dept yourself or if you have someone here in dubai with a power of attorney they can get this done on your behalf.

B

BobbytheBuilder

Hi,

There is a transfer called "Gift Transfer" in the case where you want to change title to an immediate family member like brother sister mother father etc. In this case you dont have to pay 1.5% transfer fee but quarter of that percentage. I have done such a transfer a long time back so I forgot the details but the gift transfer can be applied and is costing much less than the standard transfer fee of title change.

You will need to go to the land dept yourself or if you have someone here in dubai with a power of attorney they can get this done on your behalf.
Canuk,Thanks for your reply. If I pay the 0.375% Gift Transfer Fee it calculated on the original purchase price.

C

Canuck

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I checked at the land dept for you the other day and they mentioned to me that any property transfer to immediate families worth under 1 million dirhams has a rate of about 2500 Dirhams.

I beleive your international city unit is worth less than that and therefore you only have to pay that amount.

Best of luck.

B

BobbytheBuilder

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I checked at the land dept for you the other day and they mentioned to me that any property transfer to immediate families worth under 1 million dirhams has a rate of about 2500 Dirhams.

I beleive your international city unit is worth less than that and therefore you only have to pay that amount.

Best of luck.
Thanks Canuck for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.