Purchase of off plan property

S

Sweety26

Dear All

I am new to this forum.

Wondered if anyone can help or advise.

We purchased a off plan 2 bedroom apartment in Dubai through the head office of the company, we paid the booking fee 10% payment plan and
2% Dubai Land Registry Fee, we noticed that the company had changed the unit number and the price was higher of the apartment. Unforturntely we signed the booking from and didn't check because we trusted the sister we were dealing with. We have have confirmation emails to confirm the purchase of the apartment. We emailed the company with all the proof but they just said we have signed the booking form. They changed the unit number and price without our knowledge and consent. If the apartment was no longer available then we should have been informed. I have lodged a complaint with Dubai Land but haven't received a acknowledgment.

Please can anyone advise.

L

lookinginvest

While it may cost a few $ you should always get the paperwork checked over by a professional. I learnt many years ago, dont trust anyone in business. Whether they make a deliberate mistake or a simple error, it will be you who pays the price. I would be interested to know how you get on with your complaint as the new regulations were supposed to prevent this type of issue.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

If the paperwork is incorrect then this might weaken any claim you have for compensation?

L

lookinginvest

I would be very interested to hear how you get on with this as there will be many people in a similar situation I would guess?

S

Sweety26

The paperwork isn't in correct , the property sales assistant changed the unit number and price, she sold the property we were purchasing to someone else, we found out afterward, unforunately we trusted the sister and signed the booking form without checking. I have proof in writing what we were purchasing.

R

realdeals

Surely this must now be classed as a type of fraud? The changing of legal documents after a deal has been agreed is surely illegal in any country?

S

Sweety26

I have submitted a complaint to Dubai land Government RERA on Sunday 14th October regarding the developer but haven't heard from them yet. Does anyone know how long they take to reply and what there procedure is. We would like our money back. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I would leave it 30 days and then chase up again and see what is happening. Disappointing to see you in this situation when the Duabi authorities were supposed to have sorted this.

S

Sweety26

Thank you for your message.
It is very frustrating and stressful for us, we live in the UK and it's so difficult for us. I have phoned Dubai Land Dept so many times but the contact centre has not been able to Connect me to speak to someone.
I received an email from Dubai Land stating this morning stating your case has now been closed, no email explaining why and what the outcome of the complaint was. Is there anyone on the group that can tell me what this means that your complaint has now been closed. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thank you