Purchase Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

acalabr

Hi to everybody that reads these forums, i'm a newbie on site.

I recently bought a plot in Torres through an agent in the UK, the agent had negotiations with the developer out there who was going to build me a villa.

This originally was agreed back in July last year as i paid my reservation deposit, and instructed a brazilian speaking solicitor in the Uk.

Unfortunately the agent has no more ties with the developer because he is very slow at dealing with paperwork, replying to any emails(mine or solicitors) etc,etc.
I keep asking the solicitors to chase him up, but obviously this is starting to cost me money, and since we agreed a price last summer in euros - i feel the currency has gone against me also.

I just need some advice to whether cut my losses and give up or keep persuing it?

My agent has tried so many times on my behalf but seems to be getting nowhere. The only reason that i am being persistant is that we agreed on a 4bed beachfront villa 450sqm plot for 80000 euros.

Is this a good deal for me to continue or should i be looking closer to Natal?

Please could somebody advise me what to do.

J

JMBroad

Welcome to the forums.

I've not seen prices like that before (under 200 €/m2 construction cost) and I've been talking to loads of developers up and down the Brazilian coast line. As I said, not even cost prices were quoted at that price let alone sales price.

So, to me it sounds like your agent didn't do his homework on who he was dealing with (or he was in cahoots with them). Either way, you've been let down - imo throw in the towel and start again. Hope the reservation fee wasn't too much money.

Just as a note: if the developer your agent recommended to you is no good that is no excuse to say they no longer have ties to him. They recommended him to you and therefore still have ties to you which is all they need to feel obligated to chase the developer until the case is solved or until they are required to hand over the proceedings to a lawyer for legal action to be taken against the developer.

Just in my opinion.

D

Dotty

Banned
Oh dear

Really difficult palce Torros.I think you need to be real careful.The Europeans have no idea how to do business here in Brazil .They lack experience and knowledge of all sorts of things.Who are the developers ?
Hi to everybody that reads these forums, i'm a newbie on site.

I recently bought a plot in Torres through an agent in the UK, the agent had negotiations with the developer out there who was going to build me a villa.

This originally was agreed back in July last year as i paid my reservation deposit, and instructed a brazilian speaking solicitor in the Uk.

Unfortunately the agent has no more ties with the developer because he is very slow at dealing with paperwork, replying to any emails(mine or solicitors) etc,etc.
I keep asking the solicitors to chase him up, but obviously this is starting to cost me money, and since we agreed a price last summer in euros - i feel the currency has gone against me also.

I just need some advice to whether cut my losses and give up or keep persuing it?

My agent has tried so many times on my behalf but seems to be getting nowhere. The only reason that i am being persistant is that we agreed on a 4bed beachfront villa 450sqm plot for 80000 euros.

Is this a good deal for me to continue or should i be looking closer to Natal?

Please could somebody advise me what to do.

J

JMBroad

By the way, do you mean Touros? Where is Torres, which state? I know there is a Torres in Rio Grande do Sul but is there one I missed in Rio Grande do Norte?

D

Dotty

Banned
The creat new places all the time.
By the way, do you mean Touros? Where is Torres, which state? I know there is a Torres in Rio Grande do Sul but is there one I missed in Rio Grande do Norte?

A

acalabr

I did mean touros, also the plot is 450sqm but the property is 300sqm.

J

JMBroad

That's still 266 €/m2 if you consider that the land was thrown in for free. Still far too cheap for a sales price and that's assuming an average quality build.

Doesn't bode well.

P

PAUL-brasil

I did mean touros, also the plot is 450sqm but the property is 300sqm.
Is that 300M2 including an upstairs area? If not and the plots only 450M2 maximum builds can only be 50% of the surface area, but often can be less than that only something like 30% construction surface area on the plot.
Regards
Paul

S

Seanlord

The words "flogging "and "dead horse" spring to mind.If the developer had any intention of building your villa he would have done so by now.Developers just cannot honour prices from that long ago.Call it a day and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.