property

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pipman

hi all iam thinking of buying property in egypt. would lik some help about the prices ,i have checked some websits but they all show diffrenet prices help

S

sroubi

Buying Property in Egypt

Hi Pipman,

Prices in Egypt will differ, as is the case everywhere, depend on the level of completion (off-plan, under-construction, etc),place, micro location (on the beach, city centre, downtown, etc) , type (single vs. multi-family),size, level and quality of finishing, etc.

Cheers,
Sherif

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pipman

sroubi said:
Hi Pipman,

Prices in Egypt will differ, as is the case everywhere, depend on the level of completion (off-plan, under-construction, etc),place, micro location (on the beach, city centre, downtown, etc) , type (single vs. multi-family),size, level and quality of finishing, etc.

Cheers,
Sherif
thanks for replying looking for villa to in a muti-family area/and a apartment for investment, cheap as possable, thank you

A

alison9071

hi the prices in eygpt differ greatly you can buy very cheaply but you have to be careful not to buy unfinished as this means that everyone fits there own aircon windows external doors etc.. and this makes any building look bad with no uniform to it so will never get a return for your money it is better to buy from a european developer you can get a nice 2 bed at 100 sq. meters in the main touristic centre close to 5 star hotels resturants and beaches from as little as £28k finished with 2 bathrooms and 2 swimming pools 1 heated or you can get similar on the beach for £50k both have great rental potentail being 15 min from airport and with omly 5 hour flight from uk and 365 days of sunshine you will always get a good return for your investment i live and work in hurghada so if you are thinking of visiting to check or need any more advice i look forward to hearing from you thanks alison

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Whatever you decide Pipman please take care to check thoroughly what you are being offered. There is much truth in the old saying 'all that glitters is not gold'. Ninety percent of all housing in Egypt is 'informal housing' which has no title deeds and would be difficult to prove ownership. Most of us buying in Egypt have a view to the future when we may wish to sell and see capital growth. As prices rise new buyers may well need mortgages and correctly registered property will have this facility where others may not....just be cautious.

Whilst some of the very cheap properties available can be bought easily without a mortgage, the properties in the new resort areas like Sahl hasheesh have proper title to the land, have full planning permission for the development and will take you to the local Notary to register title on completion. Properties like this may cost a bit more but they are rising in value rapidly. Why? Because mortgage funds will shortly be available to help fund the purchase for new buyers coming in to the market as prices rise.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alison9071

hi its alison again i have just read your replies and as peter says quite rightly you must check that all buildings have the correct planning permission and ownership of land papers you will also need to register you property here in 3 seperate ways the final is to gain permission to re sell, it isnt difficult to do but what you must remeber is that all documentation will be in arabic so make sure that your agent or lawer can get these translated for you correctly also as i mentioned about beach front before just to let you know there are very strict laws in place here now a new govenor has being appointed and he very touristcilly driven and with the egyptian goverment investing billions in the touristic areas any area that is soley for tourist has no informal living as the average wage of an egyptian is around £100 /£150 per month they can no longer afford to live in these areas close to the outskirts of hutghada is a place called forouz this is the egyptian socail housing and all big hotel have live in quaters for staff but ofcourse there are areas in hurghada that are not very desirable but no developer worth his salt would touch them with a barge pole the security in all areas especally touristic is very tight thanks alison

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi look around check at google egypt property there plenty here,you will also find a lot on primelocation and such websites.

L

Lsab

hi all iam thinking of buying property in egypt. would lik some help about the prices ,i have checked some websits but they all show diffrenet prices help
Hello Pipman,

Almost a year has passed since you posted this. I'm interested to know if you did you go ahead and purchase a property in Egypt or did you decide to buy elsewhere?

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hello Pipman,

Almost a year has passed since you posted this. I'm interested to know if you did you go ahead and purchase a property in Egypt or did you decide to buy elsewhere?
you never know, it been long time so may be he bought already and got busy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.