ad

Property start up capital.

B

Benproperty123

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how much start up capital would be needed to start a property venture? To begin with I would be looking to flip houses before venturing into buy to lets. I am currently sat on 80k inheritance, would this be enough to make a go of it? I would be looking to start buying and flipping in the Wiltshire/Hampshire area.

Thanks

F

FWL

I am sure you could start something with £80k but the only issue you might have is being left with a house you were looking to flip, and all your funds are tied up until you find a buyer. Also, if the market changes when you are looking to sell a property you may end up losing money - flipping is not easy money as many people assume.

D

diyhelp

I think in some ways you are putting the cart before the horse, what exactly are you looking to achieve in the long term? Once you know this, it is simply a case of backtracking and putting in place a strategy today which will achieve that in the longer term. Unless you know where you are going, how do you know when your journey is over?