Property rental issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHO

SHO

Totally agree with J4Hurghada.

Now is not the time to rent...best way to rent is privately through friends and family. If you are prepared to wait for a few years for a rental market to kick in then your on the right track. Those expecting to get 10% rental income without doing anything are going to be very dissappointed!

The rental market at the moment is long term, not week by week, in which case you are looking for about £200-£300 per month for a 2 bed apartment

P

philthecar

we were thinking along your lines in relation to rental of property at this time and are still considering whether we want to rent to third parties or maybe just friends and family. You are right in what you say staying in hotels is very cheap we have booked for a 5 star hotel next week all inclusive for 3 adults for under 300 pounds. Its the flights which are expensive.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Has anyone given a thought to what would happen if a person who is renting your apartment was injured in anyway whilst staying in your apartment. Especially as most British are now going like the Americans and would make a claim for compensation for any small mishap.

I think things like electricity and the construction of the building needs to be looked at closely down to the height of the balconies etc.

Even for the person who is renting the apartment out needs to be aware of the replacement cost of some of the more expensive items he or she has placed in the apartment.

Its one thing keeping a deposit back until the end of the rental agreement is over but would it cover the replacement costs and how would one go about checking the apartment to see everything is satisfactory before the person leaves.

Just think how difficult all of this would be on a weekly basis.

R

rosa

Already Purchased and Renting out in Egypt?

I am considering buying off plan in Lotus Breeze development in Hurghada, I realise this area is condidered an 'emerging resort', but would be grateful to hear of anyone who has already purchased in either Sharm or Hurghada, what the possible complication are during the buying process and if renting out is successful?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Rosa and welcome to the forum. I have bought in Nabq bay in Sharm. The development offers and management and rental scheme but to be honest the returns are not very good. It was about 8% on your investment per annum over 3 years and you could only use it yourself for 4 weeks of the year. Ok you dont have to worry about anything but there are other ways to rent it out. We have not made up our minds what we are going to do yet. The whole complex wont be ready until at least October this year. We may well just keep it for our own use plus friends and family. but if we need the extra cash we may well need to rent it.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi rosa and welcome,
We have bought across the road from the lotus breeze a bit nearer to the beach at the oasis 1. We recieved our apartment last year but due to the location and building work going on in Hurghada the rental protential is low until the whole area is built up and the price of flights are cheaper. As I said earlier on thread be willing to keep it as along term investment and rent out to family and friends people you can trust not to damage your property.

R

rosa

Thanks for the info, hopefully within the next few years more cheap flights will be available to increase the rental potential, we feel the same that even if the rental income isn't great at the moment, it should still be a good investment in the medium-long term as regards to property value.

D

DC

Maybe we should try to think like local people and other North African and Middle Eastern potential renters as well as from our own European country.

To rent to locals and other nationals is where the longer term action is, in my opinion and tapping into this market, is the interesting one. (or certainly another revenue stream)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Maybe we should try to think like local people and other North African and Middle Eastern potential renters as well as from our own European country.

To rent to locals and other nationals is where the longer term action is, in my opinion and tapping into this market, is the interesting one. (or certainly another revenue stream)
Hi Goldberg - the long term rental income in Sharm for a 1 bed apartment is only about £200 - £250 per month to locals. It makes more sense for me to rent to the UK market as I could get that per week. I am in quite a good position at the moment as there is not alot of private rentals in Nabq - yet!
Personally I would not like long term tenants.
Be interested to hear other owners views.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Apartment in Hurghada wanted to rent

Hi all

If anyone has an apartment they are looking to rent out I have seen this on Egyptsearch

need 1 or 2 bedroom apartment for rent in hurghada or anywhere on the red sea coast. it should be possible to connect DSL connection there

on monthly basis, or if everything will be ok, even on half-year basis.

i need it starting from march 2008 (i'm flexble to set exact date)

This was 1st advertised 8th Jan.

Queenie

J

jeremy bright

Not many people on this forum are interested in living in Hurghada and living off rental income - most are looking for a return on an investment, so £3000 pa and having paying to replace furniture, plus maint costs, plus agent fees, tax, etc does not give a return of any significance if you've paid £50K for a 3 bed apartment with all the trimmings in Hurhgada, or at least twice as much in Sahl Hasheesh or El Gouna.

The reference to Russians was from a previous post (not mine).

i have bought a studio in hurghada village with roof top terrace for £22k and they are offering a 7% rental grantee but i have to buy there furniture pack £2500 or put in the same quality

P

propertastic

GBP2500 is not a bad price for a furniture pack if the quality is good.

queenie40something

queenie40something

That is a good price as our developer in Sharm wanted £5000 but did include everything for a 1 bed apart including air cons, tv, white goods, kitche, etc etc.

J

jeremy bright

That is a good price as our developer in Sharm wanted £5000 but did include everything for a 1 bed apart including air cons, tv, white goods, kitche, etc etc.

is only a studio apartment and prices are higher for larger 1 bed etc you do not get a lot of big things basic sofa bed 1 chair glass Coffey table sideboard glass dinning table 4 chairs fridge freezer oven and hob balcony table 4 chairs then all the bits towels iron cushions etc etc

also has air con in the apart in the price i payed for it

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Jeremy - ours didnt include an awful lot more - bedroom suite, sofa bed and easy chair, dining table and 4 chairs, tv unit, kitchen units ( only a few ) and outdoors table and chairs. Plus the other stuff mentioned - also curtains, rugs and pics as well as what you mentioned.

P

philthecar

our furniture was 6,000 and we havent even see the quality of it yet !

queenie40something

queenie40something

It is alot cheaper to organise the furniture yourself. I have been quoted £800 for fully fitted wardrobes with matching king size bed and mattress, 2 matching bedside cabinets, matching dressing table stool and large mirror. All made from solid wood. The gent I have found will replicate anything. Also kitchens made and fitted at £60 sq m.

R

redseasound

agree with queennie

It is alot cheaper to organise the furniture yourself. I have been quoted £800 for fully fitted wardrobes with matching king size bed and mattress, 2 matching bedside cabinets, matching dressing table stool and large mirror. All made from solid wood. The gent I have found will replicate anything. Also kitchens made and fitted at £60 sq m.
i have to agree guys and gals these prices for furniture are astounding! your better of forking out for a flight and weeks holiday and doing it yourself!

queenie40something

queenie40something

i have to agree guys and gals these prices for furniture are astounding! your better of forking out for a flight and weeks holiday and doing it yourself!
..and all made to measure so everything fits perfectly. I went to his workshop and saw them making the furniture and the workmanship was top notch - dove tail joints. He insists on measuring up himself in the apartment as well before he makes it all. Dining table hand made was £40 and chairs £25 each. Really nice sun loungers - like the teak ones here - £25 each with foldaway table attached for those lovely cold drinks!! Water heater was about £90 and about £300 for 2 AC units. Sofa bed £300 and matching chair £90.
If you decide on this option be aware that the factories tend to change the designs of the materials every 2 months. So if you want matching fabric make sure you order it at the same time and from the same batch. Someone I knew did nt and the colour of the scatter cushions didnt quite match.

Status
Not open for further replies.