ad

Property Price Predictions 2016

How much do you see UK Property Prices going up by in 2016?

• Less than 0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3%

• 8-10%

• Over 10%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ricky Bhurji

Premium Member
Hello All,

As a member of the NAEA I was reading a very interesting survey which was sent to me for December 2015. The main question they were asking was what will affect the market the most in 2016?

- Interest rates rising
- Not enough supply
- Rising demand
- Rising house prices
- FTBs using the Help to Buy ISA entering the market will affect supply and demand
- Additional 3% Stamp Duty Tax payable by Landlords/Second home owners

Obviously there are a lot of factors at play which will make 2016 one of the most interesting years in property for a long time.

I am interested in seeing what Consumer confidence is like out there toward the market this year and so have created a poll asking for your property price predictions- it would be great if you could take part.

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
This quote form the Telegraph would suggest that supply can be turned on relatively quickly if required:

"Britain’s nine biggest housebuilders have landbanked 615,152 housing plots that have not yet been developed – four times the total number of homes built in the past year."

So i would suggest that demand need to increase and would hope that this will happen in 2016 as consumer confidence in the economy grows