Property on Brazilian Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Serene

Does anyone know of any agents that deal with properies on one of the islands off of the East coast of Brazil ( south of Salvador if poss ) as I am possibly looking at purchasing something but would ideally like to buy into a hotel resort, apartment or the like at least somenthing that would offer a genuine rental not just a villa that I would have to rent out myself.
I love the area and simply prefer an island residence rather than a mainland residence.

debzor

debzor

Does anyone know of any agents that deal with properies on one of the islands off of the East coast of Brazil ( south of Salvador if poss ) as I am possibly looking at purchasing something but would ideally like to buy into a hotel resort, apartment or the like at least somenthing that would offer a genuine rental not just a villa that I would have to rent out myself.
I love the area and simply prefer an island residence rather than a mainland residence.

Hi Serene - I can help you with the island of Itamaraca - PE, if you would like to know more, but not the Salvador area - where I actually spent last weekend and got mugged!!

S

Serene

Itamaraca

Thanks Debsor, what I am really looking for is a boutique hotel resort, ideally with a guaranteed rental if any exist on the island! But I do have my reservations as the island of Itamaraca does look to be a little large and the density a little too high.
I would prefer somewhere a little more tranquil and remote as I would be using it myself for upto 2 months of the year. But details would be appreciated ;)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks Debsor, what I am really looking for is a boutique hotel resort, ideally with a guaranteed rental if any exist on the island! But I do have my reservations as the island of Itamaraca does look to be a little large and the density a little too high.
I would prefer somewhere a little more tranquil and remote as I would be using it myself for upto 2 months of the year. But details would be appreciated ;)
Try Morro do Sao Paulo, it is very quiet around the back of the island and where the locals live is also very nice. I know there are agents there but I don't know any names.

debzor

debzor

Hi Serene - Not too sure about your research...!

The island is about 65 sq km, but around 75% of it is a protected nature reserve, with no building allowed. The tallest building is 4 storeys, including ground floor, and the vast majoity of homes are detached on 450 sq m of land.

There are also numerous properties on multiple plots, and a handful of farms from very big to small (not necessarily working farms but holiday homes). Certainly not high density - the resident population is under 17,000!

Sorry but there are no off plan developments or guaranteed rentals on the island.

S

Serene

Thanks for the advice all, I would appreciate any details from anyone ( property for sale, land for sale or the contact details of any agents that deal with this Island )regarding Morro do Sao Paulo on Tinhare as this is more the sort of island I am looking for, although transport is virtually non-existent the island seems to have a decent tourism trade.

Any advice good or bad about the Island also gladly welcome!

T

timatthebeach

hi serene
boipeda is nice its south of morro de sao paulo. I have heard of another place but not been - its in all saints bay just south of salvador - just google ilha de cajaiba.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
hi serene
boipeda is nice its south of morro de sao paulo. I have heard of another place but not been - its in all saints bay just south of salvador - just google ilha de cajaiba.
Serene & Tim,

I have been to Ilha de Cajaiba with the developer and it was very nice. The owners had a very interesting project planned there but unless something has changed recently the licensing still hasn't come through which is a pity. The photo with the plantation house (the kitchen is bigger than my 2 bed apartment!) is the only building on Ilha de Cajaiba for now.

Regards,
Rob.

Attachments

D

Dotty

Banned
I think you have good taste and are heading in the right direction as an investment in Bahia is a great one!

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice all, I would appreciate any details from anyone ( property for sale, land for sale or the contact details of any agents that deal with this Island )regarding Morro do Sao Paulo on Tinhare as this is more the sort of island I am looking for, although transport is virtually non-existent the island seems to have a decent tourism trade.

Any advice good or bad about the Island also gladly welcome!

D

davehoskings

I think you have good taste and are heading in the right direction as an investment in Bahia is a great one!

Good luck.
Why would an investment in Bahia be good when as your friend Miniero pointed out costa sauipe has never made a profit?

If it is so great how come you invest in natal and jeri but not bahia??

D

Dotty

Banned
As you are aware Serene , Bahia has a hugh coast-line and stunning ,but as Rio Grande Norte and other states have experienced in the present and past that there are some projects that just do not get it off the ground for various reasons,mainly not really understanding Brasilian legislation ,but if you do go ahead and find what you are looking for ,before you part with a real really do your homework.It will save you time and money and peace,especially in Bahia.

M

Mineiro

Why would an investment in Bahia be good when as your friend Miniero pointed out costa sauipe has never made a profit?

If it is so great how come you invest in natal and jeri but not bahia??
Dave, that's probably because she lives in Natal. Where do you buy property Dave? I would have thought it's most likely in the state where you are based.

D

davehoskings

Dave, that's probably because she lives in Natal. Where do you buy property Dave? I would have thought it's most likely in the state where you are based.
Jeri is in Ceára so she does travel. It just seems to me that she goes hot and cold on places depending on who she is/is not talking to. I keep seeing references to her deceieving people she doesn't like.

D

Dotty

Banned
I think Dave lives in London and not Brasil and is new to the Brasilian market(within the last 2 yrs anyway)

D

davehoskings

I think Dave lives in London and not Brasil and is new to the Brasilian market(within the last 2 yrs anyway)
any proof of this or is this just the same as most of your claims?

M

Mineiro

Dave , how long have you been here in Brazil ? The impression that you seem to give is that you haven't been here very long . You seem to give an awfully positive outlook as to the future of Brazil. Brazil is just starting to get their arse in gear globally, it will certainly take at least 15 years for Brazil to start making some headway tourism wise.

D

davehoskings

Dave , how long have you been here in Brazil ? The impression that you seem to give is that you haven't been here very long . You seem to give an awfully positive outlook as to the future of Brazil. Brazil is just starting to get their arse in gear globally, it will certainly take at least 15 years for Brazil to start making some headway tourism wise.

Is your opinion based on anything, or are you using the dotty method (shake the marbles in her head and see which way they fall)?

A question for you, when was the last time you were in the NE of Brazil, or at least past Bahia?

M

Mineiro

Is your opinion based on anything, or are you using the dotty method (shake the marbles in her head and see which way they fall)?

A question for you, when was the last time you were in the NE of Brazil, or at least past Bahia?
I was in Fortaleza about 2 years ago and in Maceio about 1 year ago. By the way you never got round to telling me why Costa do Sauipe has never made a profit.

M

Mineiro

Forgot to ask again , how long have you lived here Dave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.