Property management in Berlin

M

MJB01

Hi,

I have an apartment in Berlin which is currently rented in a one year contract. The agency which was handling the property for me was did not hold to many terms of the contract we signed (cost of repairs, their costs, late payments) to which I'm trying to find a new agency.

The apartment is more suited for an everyday life in Berlin, not a holiday rental. It is in good conditions but doesn´t have the luxuries that holiday rental would have.

I need someone that can coleect rent and take charge of paying the necessary bills, taxes and arrange any repairs that the aparment may have (as any apartment does).

I've done a VERY intensive internet search and manage to come up with nothing on this department. I think I must either obviously be on the wrong track or an agency who does such services is not really that common.

Anyone who can help?

Regards,
MJ

P

Pedrogriff

Did you make any progress with this? I am in a similar position and would benefit from a recommendation?

Thanks

M

maestroo

I think you can find a site verbrauchezentrale or something like that - they provide those kind of services.

P

Pedrogriff

No I haven't found a decent agent in Berlin to act as manager. What I've ended up doing is making contact with the tenant directly and agreeing for them to pay their gross rent into my bank account. I've then made contact with the Building administrator who the hausgeld is due to and have pay to them the hausgeld each month from my bank account (all using google translate!). For now this is a better arrangement as I am at least sure that I receive the rent each month and I can actually not pay the hausgeld if I don't receive the rent.

The tenant assumes they're under their existing tenancy agreement but is just paying their rent to me. I save the rental mgt fees. The problem will come if there's an issue with the tenancy but I guess I cross the bridge when I come to it and see if I can find someone to help then.

My new issue is on my place in Leipzig where I find that the hausgeld is totally excessive and I need to try to get the managing agent to get rid of charges for both maintaining things in the building and also provisions for maintaining things in the building. Perhaps for another thread though.

M

Martyb

Berlin Property Management

Hi everyone

I have quite a few apartments in Berlin and I use an agency called Berlin99 to do all the lettings and management and maintenance. I have found them excellent as they have a more Anglo- Saxon proactive approach.

I also let them deal with the annual owners meetings for the blocks as i don't want to be dragged into that.

They focus on longer term furnished lettings and don't do holiday lets. The guy in charge there is Peter. He is very approachable and hails from southern England originally.