Property Investor? $3million+ Portfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chandler

Hi Investors,

As part of my degree at Lincoln University, as part of a class "Property Investment & Portfolio Analysis", I am required to interview an investor with a sizeable property portfolio, to help with an assignment into the investment value of an office building in Christchurch. Ideally I would like an experienced investor with a majority residential portfolio, thinking or have just started investing in commercial property. The basis of the survey/questionnaire consists of the following questions:

? Why do they invest in property?
? What role does property pays in their overall investment portfolio?
? What is the composition of their portfolio? (by type, location, property values)
? What is the size of the portfolio in numbers of properties, different types, location and value?
? How do they measure individual property returns?
? How do they measure portfolio returns?
? How do they manage their properties?
? How do they manage their portfolio?
? How do they assess and manage risk?
? What is their attitude to diversification?
? What use do they make of debt?
? What ownership structures do they use and why?
? How long have they been investing in property, and what is their strategy to disinvest?
? Do they have an explicit investment strategy and if so what is it?
? If investing in a CBD Office building what overall annual return (combined income and capital returns pre-tax) would they expect?
? If investing in an industrial building what overall annual return (combined income and capital returns pre-tax) would they expect?
? If investing in a retail building what overall annual return (combined income and capital returns pre-tax) would they expect?

This is just the minimum questions as others may be added. Your help would be much appreciated.

P.S. There are around 40 people in our class so if your keen to help then I?m sure some of my classmates might appreciate it and I will pass your information on.
Good luck

C

christopher

Hey Chandler,
Have you tried your local Property Investor Association?
I guess anyone of them could easily fit your criteria. I believe I've met at least a dozen lately!
The problem is whether they've got the time to do it.
See you soon

Status
Not open for further replies.