Property Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silvercoast

Hi,

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE MYSELF.

MY NAME IS FERNANDO PIRES AND AFTER ATTENDING SCHOOL AND WORKING IN THE U.K FOR 30 YEARS DECIDED TO RETURN TO PORTUGAL AND START A NEW VENTURE IN THE PORTUGUESE REAL ESTATE .
I WORK WITHIN AN AREA THAT COMES UNDER LISBON CALLED MAFRA, ERICEIRA. THE LATEST BEING A UP AND COMING OLD FISHING VILLAGE, WHICH IS QUICKLY BECOMING A VERY POPULAR HOLIDAY RESORT, WITH THE PRICE OF PROPERTY PROJECTED TO RISE SUBSTANTIAL, WITHIN THE NEXT 2 TO 5 YEARS, SO A BIG POTENTIAL FOR INVESTMENT.

SHOULD YOU NEED ASSISTANCE FROM SOMEONE THAT AS BEEN IN YOUR POSITION. PLEASE CONTACT ME SO WE CAN DISCUSS THINGS FUTHER.

THANK YOU AND LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

BEST WISHES
FERNANDO PIRES
Email:[email protected]

B

Bogzz

welcome Fernando! oky what was the best place in Portugal to invest a property
did you have any knowledge about that? your feedback is highly appreciated by me..

S

silvercoast

Hi Bogzz

The best place to invest in the Silvercoast at the moment is Ericeira, property
in this area as been rising 10% a year, and with a new motorway opening in September, wich means you twenty to thirty minutes from Lisbon a rise in property is expected again.

Hope this to be of some help.

B

Bogzz

i see but as of now what was the value of the property in terms of the buyers point of view? by the way thanks for your feedback.

S

silvercoast

Could you clarify the meaning of value? do you mean property price or profit return on the investment.

B

Bogzz

sorry for that.. what am trying to say is the property price if am going to put myself as a buyer. thanks

omostra06

omostra06

just inland from the silver coast you will find some sound property investments, with property prices lower than on the coast. take a look at some examples on
gekkoportugal.com

A guide to Living, working and buying property in Central Portugal

S

silvercoast

omostra06 said:
just inland from the silver coast you will find some sound property investments, with property prices lower than on the coast. take a look at some examples on
gekkoportugal.com

A guide to Living, working and buying property in Central Portugal
As an investment how is are they to resale???

omostra06

omostra06

silvercoast said:
As an investment how is are they to resale???
not sure i understand your question fully.
however property in the central portugal region around Tomar and Abrantes is much better value for money than property on or near the coast. a better bigger house with more land can easilly be purchased for the same money as a less desirable house on the coast. the region also offers stunning scenery with mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, lovely towns and villages that are as yet unspoilt and not over developed.

investment opertunities are everywhere old farm houses and cottages to restore, which will dramatically increase in value, plots for newbuilds that are available with great views and good sizes at very good prices, as well as a great buy to let market for holliday homes, near the lake property prices do increase as this is a very saught after area for holliday homes for people from lisbon (less than 1 hour away) the holliday and long term rental market is very vibrant here. lots of oppertunities in a stunning area that is the real portugal.
gekkoportugal.com

S

silvercoast uk

not sure i understand your question fully.
however property in the central portugal region around Tomar and Abrantes is much better value for money than property on or near the coast. a better bigger house with more land can easilly be purchased for the same money as a less desirable house on the coast. the region also offers stunning scenery with mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, lovely towns and villages that are as yet unspoilt and not over developed.

investment opertunities are everywhere old farm houses and cottages to restore, which will dramatically increase in value, plots for newbuilds that are available with great views and good sizes at very good prices, as well as a great buy to let market for holliday homes, near the lake property prices do increase as this is a very saught after area for holliday homes for people from lisbon (less than 1 hour away) the holliday and long term rental market is very vibrant here. lots of oppertunities in a stunning area that is the real portugal

now come on boys if you want real investment and re-sale, because re-sale is as important as investment,you should always mix the two!, then the place to invest has to be on the coast between Nazare and lourinha prices hear are rising rapidly and will continue with new golf courses planned for the area, areas like bom suceso, foz do arelho, obidos, sao martinho, saldalgo with its quiet beach and one to watch famalicao a small village with big expansion plans!. EXAMPLE: a piece of land on obidos lagoon in january 2007 was beteew 200000 and 250000, now they are fetching double that and selling, there is just not enougth land to go round, so i work that out to be a 100% return in one year and totally re-salable, that is what i call a real sound investment and more rises to come! but on the other hand if you prefer a small return on investment and a property that is going to be hard to sell then buy out in the sticks and be stuck!.

now if you want to be in this position as i am then it is me you should be emailing silvercoastuk@aol

Last edited:
omostra06

omostra06

Well, if someone is looking to make some quick money, then it sounds like they should consider the coast, 100% profit in one-year sounds great!! Does that happen every year?
For example if you are looking to buy a house now on the coast does it mean you will have to pay twice as much as 12 months ago? Wow that’s got to hurt, paying double the price for a house you could have bought last year for half.
Maybe its better to buy in a stable market where there is a steady and consistent rise in prices rather than in an area where the prices fluctuate to double their value in 12 months, could they depreciate as fast?

Personally, apart from the property inland being better value for money, cheaper and also in demand, therefore quick resales for correctly priced property. I just feel the coast is too overdeveloped, as you mention golf courses, malls, developments springing up everywhere, how long before that nice little villa you bought becomes hemmed in and over looked by mass development? Wont be such a nice place to live if that happens, also how will all this over development affect the property prices, especially in an area where the prices are so turbulent, who knows what will happen, someone could double their money or equally loose it!

The trouble with these touristy areas are that in the winter they tend to close down and be a bit of a ghost town, who wants to live there when its winter, much nicer to be in a real town or village where people actually live all year round, easier to make friends and settle in to the community and there are things going on all year round,

Our nearest City is Tomar, a fantastic place with a wealth of history, its a unesco world heritage site, we have several top rated restaurants, that even compete with Lisbon, university, art galleries, museums, theatre, cinema, castles, top class shopping, as well as being surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in Portugal, lakes, rivers, mountains, forests, etc, as well as a plethora of historic Towns and villages, its one hours drive to Lisbon Airport, 10 minute to Castelo do Bode Lake, 40 miles of fresh water, great for water sports, Diving, swimming etc, easy road and rail links to the whole country.
I feel that although some consider us to be in the "sticks" having visited most places along the coast I think I can safely say we have a lot more to see and do here. Around here the locals consider the coast to be the edge of civilisation.
Take a look foryourself
Central Portugal: Towns & Places in Central Portugal: Things to See and Do in Central Portugal: Things to Watch out for in Central Portugal

K

kimbal

Must say have to agree with Omostra about central region. I do think however that the region just further north of Tomar, closer to midway to Coimbra is far more attractive in terms of return on investment, anyone interested in the area should also check out ppproperty for help.

J

JMBroad

Interesting to hear everyone's opinions on where to buy in Portugal.

Óbidos as I mentioned somewhere else has to be my favourite spot in mainland Portugal simply because it's ... well... special. Don't really know how to explain it, you need to go there and see. However, on the downside, I can't imagine living there all year because I need access to a city to feed my cultural needs like opera, theatre, musuems etc and Óbidos doesn't really seem to have enough of that kind of "brain food" to keep me busy 365 days a year.

On the other hand, Tomar is also beautiful, the little lake running through the town, the castle, also a very special place and there is a little village just outside of Tomar where everyone knows everyone and if you manage to get a seat in the local restaurant (normally packed) then you can enjoy a fabulous lunch for a true pittance. The appeal of Tomar for me is the fact that it is so secluded and there is a great neighbourhood feel, with the tiny shops peppering the town square.

Ericeira I don't know well enough to comment I'm afraid.

omostra06

omostra06

Yes Kimbal, there are some good opportunities to be had in the area between Tomar and Coimbra, some lovely villages with great properties just crying out to be renovated. In these areas its still possible to buy little stone cottages with land for less than 20,000 euros, but equally there are some restored and enlarged properties in these areas that sell for over 200,000 euros, depending on what the owners have spent then that looks like a nice return on investment.
We often get to see property before and after, ruins transformed into lovely houses, its a great place for anyone that has ever dreamed of being a property developer, you could buy a portfolio of properties to renovate and sell on, and still get change from 100,000 euros. Not a lot of money to take the chance of making more with, in my opinion I would rather buy 10 little cottages to renovate and restore than ONE plot of land on the silver coast for the SAME money!! much more fun!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.