Property in Sportscity

F

fairplay

I was in Sports City yesterday 21 March 2009. I viewed Elite 1 and 2. Took two pics. Both are just holes in the ground with some concrete but nothing above ground level. Elite 1 is a little further ahead in that they have some basement pillars that are wrapped in plastic. The foreman said that work has stopped as they are waiting some sort of permission from Dubai municipality. it is not good. They have been taking my money for 15 months and have done nothing. RERA have not answered my emails.

Fairplay

F

fairplay

If you would like an update on your property let me know. The townhouses are now in an advanced stage. T yype A and B villas following behind. The C1, 2 and 3 villas will be several months late (approx 9) That said, as a pilot I take a keen interest from the air of the development...and its starting to look good.
I was there yesterday (21/03). They are progessing nicely. Some are finished and people have moved in - others are still under construction. Can't tell you more though.

M

mpat

I was in Sports City yesterday 21 March 2009. I viewed Elite 1 and 2. Took two pics. Both are just holes in the ground with some concrete but nothing above ground level. Elite 1 is a little further ahead in that they have some basement pillars that are wrapped in plastic. The foreman said that work has stopped as they are waiting some sort of permission from Dubai municipality. it is not good. They have been taking my money for 15 months and have done nothing. RERA have not answered my emails.

Fairplay

Dear fairplay,

Thta forman told the truth that the work is stopped, I usually take rounds of SC and found out that those projects with plastic wrapped on it are stopped ( either temporarily due to some permissions (( again that is just an excuse since municipality does not hold any permit , its online)) or payment negotiations. . . ) And as far as they are not working there and plastic is wrapped , u can stop your payments also , BUT if they put some people and keep working on it ( even though its slower than snail's pace ) u need to keep paying , that s authorities's guidlines . . .

Bye . . .

M

mo.nagori

Hi Everyone

Can anyone give me an update on Oasis tower 2 which is number 12 around the hub canal area in sport city. I have paid 70% and its not even a hole in the ground yet? do i still have to continue paying?

P

Pint of Guinness

Hi Everyone

Can anyone give me an update on Oasis tower 2 which is number 12 around the hub canal area in sport city. I have paid 70% and its not even a hole in the ground yet? do i still have to continue paying?
Hi,

Does anyone have an update on Eden Garden (opposite the cube, near the lake behind oasis towers)? I am in the same situation with 30% paid and not a damn thing to show for it. The project is currently 3 years late - can they delay indefinately? At what point can we just stop payments regardless of what the developers say?

Thanks

Last edited:
M

mpat

mo. nagori and pint of guin,

I will try to get update and pics during my next visit in the next week , pls remind me on this saturday . .. As I need to pull out exact location of the proj near canal . . . I know oasis one but 2 , I dont know , ,,

M

mo.nagori

oasis tower 2

mo. nagori and pint of guin,

I will try to get update and pics during my next visit in the next week , pls remind me on this saturday . .. As I need to pull out exact location of the proj near canal . . . I know oasis one but 2 , I dont know , ,,
Hi Mpat
Any news on oasis tower 2 i have recieved pics off developer which show machinery moving around the plot but no construction. i have paid 70% can i withhold my payment from now on or do i still have to pay?

N

naxal

Hi,

Does anyone have an update on Eden Garden (opposite the cube, near the lake behind oasis towers)? I am in the same situation with 30% paid and not a damn thing to show for it. The project is currently 3 years late - can they delay indefinately? At what point can we just stop payments regardless of what the developers say?

Thanks
As far as I know ,it has very poor or no progress on the site !!!

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
April 2009 aerial shots show exactly what it is - nothing has progressed in Sports City for a very long time - a lot of empty lots.

L

Lars65

April 2009 aerial shots show exactly what it is - nothing has progressed in Sports City for a very long time - a lot of empty lots.
Agree. I was recently in Dubai and I was told that new date for completion of Oasis 1 now is end of 2010. According to my agreement, the intitial completion date was Sep 08

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Your visit to Dubai etc

Agree. I was recently in Dubai and I was told that new date for completion of Oasis 1 now is end of 2010. According to my agreement, the intitial completion date was Sep 08
Glad you agree. There is a lot of discrepancies involving the completion dates from the start involving different buyers on each occasion - please leave your contact details or private message - I believe you need to post 5 times before you can achieve the latter as a new member and vice versa... seeking other people affected in DSC therefore your interest in this is welcoming and conditions apply so to find out more please contact asap.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Does anyone know how many stadiums were to be completed in Sports City Dubai - there's only one so far the cricket stadium. Was there somewhere I read on this forum that the others had been canceled and a mall was to replace one of them - doesn't sound too positive for the sports mad if that was to happen particularly if you bought in sports city because of this being promoted - does anyone have a direct name and contact details for the master developer, sports city and a contact address that actually works?

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
choppershoot.com/album.php?album=34&name=Dubai Sports City (Sept 2009)

hope this works - not sure how to post the pics - no further update on DSC on choppershoot and the pics don't look much different in Sept 09 from the ones as mentioned in April 2009

amplesou

amplesou

Banned
We have some idiot post properghanda we think !
does any one want to coment on the content!

P.s. he has a go at me but no problem!

Post by irish dave
I compare DSC to International City, infact International City has more to offer than DSC. and all you do is prove my point by showing pictures, why dont you read my earlier comments on Victory Heights and Els Golf Course? (which your photos depict)

I have said the location, access and ammenities are not there and of the level of other parts of Dubai, but WILL be a good comunity,
It is DSC which has no future, and please tell me how a negative vibe, correction, the truth would serve my own ends.

Now go back to work for DSC and try and do something instead of telling all these lies about been a fantsatic place to live, i do live in Dubai and i know dsc is a terrible place with no future, victory heights aside....

S

Sixgun

We have some idiot post properghanda we think !
does any one want to coment on the content!

P.s. he has a go at me but no problem!

Post by irish dave
I compare DSC to International City, infact International City has more to offer than DSC. and all you do is prove my point by showing pictures, why dont you read my earlier comments on Victory Heights and Els Golf Course? (which your photos depict)

I have said the location, access and ammenities are not there and of the level of other parts of Dubai, but WILL be a good comunity,
It is DSC which has no future, and please tell me how a negative vibe, correction, the truth would serve my own ends.

Now go back to work for DSC and try and do something instead of telling all these lies about been a fantsatic place to live, i do live in Dubai and i know dsc is a terrible place with no future, victory heights aside....
Well, if you're inviting comments...

The guy doesn't sound like an idiot, from the brief quote you give, sounds more like he has a reasonable point to make on a public forum, and you don't happen to like his point.

C

cpt29

We are starting petition to RERA. It is not project specific. Everybody who would like to join us is welcome.

Petition RERA Help us

Please, whe you sign in the comment section include your project and DOC - date of completion according to your contract.
Thank you in advance.