property flooding in turkey

A

angel13

please can anyone help,since buying my apartment in side,antalya ,i have had trouble with flooding every winter,the builder-developer,did some work this summer but it still floods ,i am in the uk and he as now stopped responding to my emails,i dont know what i can do ,any advise be good thanks

T

The Association

Hi Angel 13,

I am not so sure about how your apartment is getting flooded, ie, water coming in from roof/windows/doors or do you have a basement apartment which is getting flooded from the rainwater coming from above floors or the road?

If you have bought a newly built apartment, it must have come with some guaranties. You need to check your sale contract to see this. Usually the guarantee is for 5 or 10 years. So if you are within the 5-10 years, you would have a valid claim that the builder corrects the faults.
Your builder not answering your emails does not clear him from his duties.

A

angel13

yes it is a lower ground apartment and rain is coming in at ground level,like i said they tried to fix this last year but it hasnt worked, so where do i go next

S

SalfordSurvey

You bought the property with a guarantee, so you should let the developer know that he will keep on fixing it until he does it probably.

A

angel13

flooded

since posting this ,i have found out that the developer as not had permision to build an apartment here only a storage unit,i have my deeds which is in turkish and we have only just found out that i have infact bought a storage unit ,on my sales agreement which is in english it states a 2 bedroom apartment,the developer now refuses to talk to me and will not answer my emails or phone calls ,if anyone can help me further ,i would love to hear from you thanks shirley

A

angel13

thanks for the reply ,the company i bought from was developer - agent, .so how do i go about taking them to court ,guess i need to come out ,do i need a solicitor or just a translater ,would be gratefull of any helps thanks shirley

T

tosmur

todays zaman have a free solicitor but he selects which questions he answers might be worth a try.

R

RealEstateTurkey

We advise that you find a lawyer and he/she check all your contact document and file a court case on your behalf. Time for opening a court case is five years for defective/faulty goods. So don't be late for hiring a lawyer.