ad

Property/DIY training Courses

S

Speedy624

I have been thinking of taking some DIY courses to save a few pounds when it comes to investing in property. I doubt I will be an expert in any trade on completion of the courses but think they may help.

Any views?
Has anyone ever taken these?
How have they benefited you?

Also, a silly question but if I was to buy at auction how can I estimate how much repairs would cost? I'm no builder or DIYer and do not really fancy taking 2-3 different builders with me for viewings to get a price. How can I price the work myself without being ripped off?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Speedy!

Do you have some specific courses you are looking at? I only ask as I offer a mentoring 1 to 1 option depending on how much help you need to get started which could be a good option to set you on the right track... Msg me for more info.

I am largely self taught so I think DIY courses, seminars, books, networking events, seminars, property investment shows etc... Are a great start.

The main thing is make sure you invest in your knowledge first as it will save you 10's of thousands in the long run! Auctions are risky, need creative finance (or for cash purchasers only) and carry a lot of risk as you normally need more time tondo your due diligence or get quotes etc. I personally steer clear of them.